Thread: LUJ E78 commanded afr help

Potential Tuner

LUJ E78 commanded afr help

Hello all, I'm just getting into my 1.4t Cruze and I'm trying to figure out what values need to be changed for running a 30% ethanol mix. I've calculated stoich to be 12.99:1 and PE to be 10.19:1 I was expecting to see the easy button for commanded afr in the fueling tab but its not there. Also not seeing where I would set the pe afr's either. I know the easy way would be to put the alcohol sensor in and turn flex fuel on. Wondering how to do it the old school way for now

Advanced Tuner
    stoich will be under engine/fuel/general - stoich afr - and since there isnt a flex fuel sensor and if your sure that your stoich will be 12.99 just put that in the whole chart but the problem will be when your not running 30% anymore because the ecm cannot control commanded stoich due to alcohol percentage so you'll have to change it back
    so save a different tune for your 30% mix and for running just regular pump fuel
    pe will be under engine/fuel/power enrich - eq ratio(gas) - again without having a flex fuel sensor the ecm will still reference the (gas) not (alcohol) because it doesn't know your running e-85 and then tune your airflow models and wot with a wideband
    to figure your commanded afr during pe take stoich and divide it by whatever afr you want and thats your eq ratio ... ex 12.99/11=1.180