Thread: MPVI 2 Pro: Has anyone been able to input analog O2 via new interface?

Tuner in Training

MPVI 2 Pro: Has anyone been able to input analog O2 via new interface?

I've been working on this for about 10 hours. The new MPVI 2 pro. I bought the interface cable. I'm hooking up my Innovate LM2 (just one channel) analog out to the HPTuners dongle (ProLink) analog "in" red wire, (and black ground).
    I add the channel per instructions:
    External inputs / MPVI Pro / MPVI A/D Input 1.

This will show up in Channels as external input... but as soon as I hit record scan it will disappear.

Has anyone added an O2 via the new dongle, (shrink wrap), and can you walk me through it?

Thanks.

Karl Ellwein
    Ellwein Engines.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry Im new to all this also... so am skeptical to post replies etc. However, I do have my wideband working etc (using analog for now)... in my case, im using an AEM 30-0300... not sure if I fully understand what you are saying or asking... but, have you "transformed" the channel, after adding it. After adding the MPVI2 Pro A/D Input 1, I believe I right clicked on it, on the channel's list and then transformed it to AEM 30-03x0 in my case (at first afr, then ended up switching it to lambda, they both worked)... hope what im saying makes sense... or that this is the issue and provides a simple answer... maybe that is common sense and you did that, if so i apologize, i am new to all this...

so:
    I added the channel
    External Inputs-MVPI2-Prolink-MPVI2 Pro A/D Input 1 (AEM 30-03x0 in my case), this added the channel

then i right clicked on the channel
    Transform- air-fuel-ratio /or lambda (under oxygen sensors)- then selected my sensor (in ur case, Innovate LM-2)
    Last edited by lscustoms; 12-24-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I noticed in your steps, you list MVPI PRO/MVPI A/D... on my pro (or in VCM Scanner), it has an option for MVPI2 and PROLink...
    Last edited by lscustoms; 12-24-2018 at 01:31 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I may not have "transformed" the channel. Like you I'm new to this too and spend what seems like days searching for info on this set up. I'll check that Tuning School video too. Thanks. Hope to report back with success.

Tuner in Training
    Ack! Bret says Blue wire is Analog 1. The HP Tuners instructions say that Red is Analog 1. Anyone know which ? I have Red hooked up right now.

Tuner in Training
    No luck. I configured exactly as shown in the video link. I transformed. I even added a 2nd channel and assigned it to serial 2 just in case the red wire is serial 2, (as Bret at the Tuning school alluded to). The channels show up fine but as soon as I hit "SCAN" they vanish. They are in my channels tab as external inputs, MPVI.1 -> Innovate - LM-2 and MPVI.2 -> Innovate - LM-2 Transformed and saved and all that jazz. Is there something missing in the software? The hardware?

Potential Tuner
    I have exactly the same problem. I use the same gauge with 2 wideband, the 2 appear in the scanner and disappear as soon as I press "scan".
    However, I have a voltage input (measured between mass and red or blue cable), and the mass is the same for the prolink, the gauge and sensors (cigarette lighter).
    Help !! ^^

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellwein Engines View Post
    Ack! Bret says Blue wire is Analog 1. The HP Tuners instructions say that Red is Analog 1. Anyone know which ? I have Red hooked up right now.
    in my case, it was as the HPTuners instruction manual said. Red was analog 1 and the one I used.

No luck. I configured exactly as shown in the video link. I transformed. I even added a 2nd channel and assigned it to serial 2 just in case the red wire is serial 2, (as Bret at the Tuning school alluded to). The channels show up fine but as soon as I hit "SCAN" they vanish. They are in my channels tab as external inputs, MPVI.1 -> Innovate - LM-2 and MPVI.2 -> Innovate - LM-2 Transformed and saved and all that jazz. Is there something missing in the software? The hardware?
    not sure if you connected the tuner to your laptop computer (while having internet access (the device not connected to the vehicle's ecu, but to the laptop) and using the "resync interface" to sync it to hptuners server? not sure this would be the issue.. while connected to internet, connect the tuner to your laptop, open editor or scanner, under the help tab and click "resync interface"... in the scanner the correct channel would be MVPI2-Prolink and then 2 options, 1 for analog 1 and one for analog 2...
    Last edited by lscustoms; 12-26-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lscustoms View Post
    in my case, it was as the HPTuners instruction manual said. Red was analog 1 and the one I used.

not sure if you connected the tuner to your laptop computer (while having internet access (the device not connected to the vehicle's ecu, but to the laptop) and using the "resync interface" to sync it to hptuners server? not sure this would be the issue.. while connected to internet, connect the tuner to your laptop, open editor or scanner, under the help tab and click "resync interface"... in the scanner the correct channel would be MVPI2-Prolink and then 2 options, 1 for analog 1 and one for analog 2...
    Thanks for asking:
    I did do all of this while connected to internet, while connected to ECM, and while Pro-Link cable connected and wide band connected. I did the resync,

I'm pretty sure my Pro feature is no activated. That's all I can think of right now. The holiday (rightly so) has slowed tech response. I'm hoping it is a simple as not having my pro feature activated.

I'll report back what my fix was. Should help future users.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thanks for asking:
    I did do all of this while connected to internet, while connected to ECM, and while Pro-Link cable connected and wide band connected. I did the resync,

I'm pretty sure my Pro feature is no activated. That's all I can think of right now. The holiday (rightly so) has slowed tech response. I'm hoping it is a simple as not having my pro feature activated.

I'll report back what my fix was. Should help future users.
    you should be able to check to see if the pro feature set is active by performing a vcm suite infolog, it will tell you what features are active(at least in 4.2 & newer software).
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    you should be able to check to see if the pro feature set is active by performing a vcm suite infolog, it will tell you what features are active(at least in 4.2 & newer software).
    Got it. Thanks for keeping with this.
    Turns out that I did not have the latest VCM Scanner software. Corey at tech support mentioned that the check via the "Help" and then "About" does not give the latest software. Went to the HPTuners main page and downloaded version 4.2.1
    Now I can access the MVPI2 folder in the "Channel Selector".
    Also:
    My LM2 actually feeds the scanner and works!!!

I see where it shows I have the pro feature activated..."Licensed Features: Pro Feature Set"

Thanks Bill. It works.

The root cause of this problems was that when you check for updates via the "Help---about" feature...it won't give the latest update.
    Last edited by Ellwein Engines; 12-26-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Same problem, same solution: with the new version 4.2.1, I found my 2 O2 sensors in the channels, and I display the lambda with the function "transform: innovate LC2".

Would there be an example of standard tuning layout with prolink and 2 wideband for Dodge?

(Thanks HPT forum and thanks google translate ^^)

ET is not phoning home...
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Did anyone figure out which color coded analog wire is for which channel?
    I currently have my scanner set up with the Lambda wide-band on Channel 2. Is that the red wire.

Is there a picture that has color codes each wire labeled per channel that can be posted?

Potential Tuner