Thread: Supercharged 04 mustang

Tuner in Training

Supercharged 04 mustang

New to the hp tuners just got my mpvi2 and I just installed a v2 vortech supercharger on my 04 mustang I need some guidance on an Initial start up tune. I have added a 78mm bbk throttle body, power pipe, 90mm sct big air, edelbrock intake manifold. I have also installed a innovate wideband to monitor afr's

Senior Tuner
    Hope you added injectors too. For starters you just need to put in correct injector and MAF data (probably need scaled) and pull some timing and command richer. These are fairly simple in general just to get running decent. The ECU limits requiring scaling is what can make them tricky to newer tuners.

Tuner in Training
    I have the stock injectors for now until I can buy different ones, I have been researching for days trying to learn how to navigate the software. I have looked at the spark and fuel tables trying to figure out what to adjust but I am not sure what to adjust it to. I cant keep the car running enough to get any sort of data on the car to even get an idea where to adjust. I know it will take time I just want to make sure I dont blow my engine up because I forsure dont have the money to replace it right now. I will be upgrading my MPVI2 to the pro feature so that i can hook in to my wideband so that if I do get it running I can good data when it is running.

Advanced Tuner

superCharged 04 Stang

SCT 90mm MAF
    INJ SIZE ? 19 or 24 or did you get 42 with the kit?

throttle body wont be the an issue, try not to adjust it..

1. your probably to rich you can try and 20-25% to the MAF Transfer

I can send a Transfer function that will be close just need to know injector size being used
    Last edited by mstang_man; 02-28-2019 at 07:06 PM. Reason: spelling

I did a procharged 06 with a 50 shot of nitrous and had some little issues with the torque inverse and indicated table at first. Stock injectors forget it, need bigger. Get the maf dialed in everywhere, watch the timing and i had the best results adjusting the last row of the torque table. You need to play with the transient tables too or it will spike lean real quick

Car drove like stock and made great power.

Definitely need injectors!

Tuner in Training
    I have deka 60lbs injectors

Advanced Tuner
    did you get it situated? you will have to scale your tune down to stay below the injector and maf clips

just scale everything 50%
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Tuner in Training
    No I started the car backed it out of the driveway and parked it on the road, went back to start it and nothing the car would not start. So I pushed it back in and the car still will not start