Thread: MPVI2 does not show up in the VCM Scanner channels Selector. How to add?

Tuner in Training

MPVI2 does not show up in the VCM Scanner channels Selector. How to add?

From my one week long effort to add an analog wide band to my MPVI2 (Pro) I have boiled it down to the VCM Scanner, (my version is up-to-date).
    My VCM Scanner does not show MPVI2 in the channel selector for "External Inputs".

I've followed Bret's TheTuningSchool video instructions to the tee. Exact same sequence. He has an MPVI2 folder that shows up. I do not.
    The fact that I don't have an MPVI2 folder leads me to use the MPVI Pro folder and that's not what I have. I have an MPVI2, (with Pro feature) The box even says that. My web account says that.
    Is there something I still have to activate?

So:

Is this because my Pro unit has not been granted access yet by HP Tuners?

Has any other user had this problem?

I've spent about $800 all total for MPVI2 and Pro and the cable and credits. I know it's the holiday season but HPTuners support has been zip so far. Responses like, "Link to Bret's video"

Tickets submitted. Nothing.

Users: Have you had similar?

Karl Ellwein
    Last edited by Ellwein Engines; 12-25-2018 at 06:56 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ification-Code

You may also need a firmware update. It will update when you connect to computer with USB and internet connection. I assume you have an HP Tuner account set up? I assume you have downloaded the Suite and the Drivers. I assume you are connected to a vehicle? I am using new version 4.2.1. Look in Parameter Selector, External Inputs, MPVI2, ProLink or Serial Port.
    Last edited by DGS; 12-25-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DGS View Post
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ification-Code

You may also need a firmware update. It will update when you connect to computer with USB and internet connection. I assume you have an HP Tuner account set up? I assume you have downloaded the Suite and the Drivers. I assume you are connected to a vehicle? I am using new version 4.2.1. Look in Parameter Selector, External Inputs, MPVI2, ProLink or Serial Port.
    Problem fixed by going direct to HPTuners web site and getting 4.2.1 scanner. Thanks. For some reason the check for new software feature does not work. Just needed to go direct to the web page download.

I really LOVE the scanner. Even more now that I'm wide band!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellwein Engines View Post
    Problem fixed by going direct to HPTuners web site and getting 4.2.1 scanner. Thanks. For some reason the check for new software feature does not work. Just needed to go direct to the web page download.

I really LOVE the scanner. Even more now that I'm wide band!!!
    Thanks for the heads up. My VCM was stuck at 4.1.6...said there were no new updates but downloaded via HP software page and it's now 4.3.1. I was wondering why I have not seen updates for a while?