Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeep Trackhawk changing tire dia causes ABS lte and loss of Park Sense

Tuner in Training

Jeep Trackhawk changing tire dia causes ABS lte and loss of Park Sense

Trying to change tire dia on TH. Appears to correct speedo but turns on dash ABS and also locks out both frt and rear Park Sense function with lte on sw. When resetting dia back to stock I regain Park Sense but ABS stays on with no codes showing.

ABS initializing does not work. Paid dealership to erase ABS code but they could not correct tire dia as use vin and stock sizes of 30.5" only. Am back to stock settings with speedo off approx 6%.

Anyone have suggestions? Have tried support but no help.

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure about the trackhawk, but on the challengers there are 2 ways that the tire size can be changed...one is with HP tuner (seems to only change it in the speedo - probably because it programs the PCM) and the other is with Zautomotives Tazer (seems to change the speed readings on the uconnect).

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for reply Homer. Am using latest Beta HPT. Programming through Scanner Function control tab for gear and tire changes. Am thinking since ABS Initializer command trys to work as see dash Brake lte flashing but fails with no communication that HP is not reading ABS module.

Am also thinking if could clear ABS codes it may automatically clear Park Sense disabling problem. Do not use Uconnect for anything. Have read ABS is still functional even if dash lte on. May be perminent P0600 communication code may be to do with ABS. (Will not clear)

Thanks for suggestion on Zautomotives. Will try to find out about.

Good luck. I put 3.73 gears in and HPtuner doesn't seem to do a full right if you have ACC/FCW, it's been inop ever since. It did remove the limp mode part so I can at least drive it.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    Good luck. I put 3.73 gears in and HPtuner doesn't seem to do a full right if you have ACC/FCW, it's been inop ever since. It did remove the limp mode part so I can at least drive it.
    Had thought of changing speedo with gear fudging but have seen posts about more probs like yours than what I have so did not dare to try.
    Am also pondering buying WiTech software to find out how Jeep dealer does ABS initializing to see if have to enter diff tire size. Can set dia with HPT and works on speedo but still need to delete ABS code that is generated and turn on Park Sence. Maybe WiTech will allow removal of HPT bypass cable and open comm with module.

Leary of messing with without knowing what I am doing. At least have stock ECM to go back to. Also had HPT bypass cable still installed when had Jeep dealer fix. Also had stock ECM in veh when took there so they could not overwrite or lock HPT unlocked ECM.

FCA products a pain.

Thanks Coanan for reply.

I've also thought about having all modules flashed back to stock with witech and try using Diablo to do gear change. I'm hearing that people have better luck with Diablo in this area, then rewrite my tune back in with HPTuners.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Advanced Tuner
    Hate to say it, but to this day I still use a diablo handheld (quick adjusts) to change tyre size on all my stuff.
    HPT has been hit and miss and sometimes leaves codes and lights I can only remove with Witech or the DS
    You dont have to marry unit to vehicle to make the adjustment so you only need 1 tool or just borrow it.
    You dont need to remove your HPt tune either just make the tyre size adjustment from quick adjusts which then only changes the tyre size and not the tune.
    Last edited by Hemituna; 03-30-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    Hate to say it, but to this day I still use a diablo handheld (quick adjusts) to change tyre size on all my stuff.
    HPT has been hit and miss and sometimes leaves codes and lights I can only remove with Witech or the DS
    You dont have to marry unit to vehicle to make the adjustment so you only need 1 tool or just borrow it.
    You dont need to remove your HPt tune either just make the tyre size adjustment from quick adjusts which then only changes the tyre size and not the tune.
    Thank you so much. Have tried 2-3 times to get HPT to work but each time it requires putting stock ECM back in and paying $140. to do ABS Initialize. Was afraid Diablo would lock out HPT. Tried to buy WiTech but they said would not work on TH.
    Last edited by robhin; 03-31-2019 at 05:47 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Apparently it doesn't work with DS either. Tried with my T2 and says PARKSENSE UNAVAILABLE. Tried putting it back to stock and still says it. Guess I'll try clearing the ABS module with an Ethos.

Tuner in Training
    Ran into this issue today. I was able to adjust the tire size but despite it saying 'successful' my speedo was still out by the same margin. Do I need to reset all adaptives before driving?

Secondly, it caused parksense to stop working. I was able to clear the ABS light but no parksense.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipfloptrader View Post
    Ran into this issue today. I was able to adjust the tire size but despite it saying 'successful' my speedo was still out by the same margin. Do I need to reset all adaptives before driving?

Secondly, it caused parksense to stop working. I was able to clear the ABS light but no parksense.
    I have never found a cure for ABS light and no Park sense. For me resetting tire size to stock enabled Park Sense but no fix on ABS light staying on. Had to return to dealer but they no longer could do Initializing. Found private shop with WiTech and he fixed back to stock by driving.

Had to leave for Maine so left at the 6% off speed reading. Showed 90-95 MPH reading coming up with traffic. Nerve racking. Have not dared to try anything else.

Good luck

Potential Tuner
    Hello 2018 TH owner here. I am in the same situation, but I am using an unlocked PCM and Diablosport trinity T2. The reason I'm here on this thread is b/c for the first time find others with similar issues. New unclocked pcm comes with a p0600 code. Is this normal for unlocked PCMs? I adjusted my tires size on quick adjust to 315/35/20 and parksense became unavailable. Took it to the dealer with stock PCM, as soon as they wake parsense back on the ABS light comes on with an error that tire diam is incorrect. If they clear the ABS code then parksens becomes unavailable again. Also I have tried setting tire size with Tazer and that caused way more issues than anything. Different lights and what not, Luckily I was able to set it back to stock and that cleared the lights.

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure if this will help you guys but I recently was able to get STP and launch control to work on my RT+ that was not equipped with it from the factory. Long story short, I kept getting an error when I modified the BCM to enable launch control (basically need to enable STP and change chassis type) I would get ABS and stability error. The ABS module would show a C2206 error which is a configuration mismatch with the ABS. The fix was to initialize the ABS module, which I did following the alfaOBD instructions.

Tuner in Training
    Gave up on finding anyone that could initialize ABS back in 2018. Still have 275/40/20 tires on with speedo reading 5-8% to high. Chewing up warranty in a hurry. Last time played with the dealer could not initialize ABS anymore as said stock tire sizes had dissapeared on program. Found local shop that tried and fixed back to stock by driving down road and back.

If could get HPT ABS Initialize program to run it might fix it but it will not start. May be dumb question but what is (alfaOBD) instructions?

May be brave enough to try again.

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure if it will work on a 2018 but here is some info on it.
    https://www.challengertalk.com/threa...3/post-8550227

When I got the ABS and Stability errors I was about to give up so I rolled the dice and luckily it worked for what I was doing. But then I saw the "Hint" in the first image of that post and was like...oh, maybe the ABS module just needs to be updated to accept the changes. Heck you my try undo what you did with HP and try to change the tire size with alfaOBD through the BCM.
    Last edited by Homer; 02-29-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the tip Homer. I secured and activated alfaOBD. Discovered is same program I investigated back in 2018.

Connected with HPT interface but got nowhere. Can not get by setup page as to many settings such as com port and model info. Was going to order another USB interface but figured if can not decipher settings anyway, would be waste of money.

To bad because all I have been trying to do is get ABS Initialization to work. AlfaOBD appears to be slick from limited videos and instructions have found.

Maybe next year will find someone in Florida that has a working program to fix it.

Thanks for the input.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by robhin View Post
    Thanks for the tip Homer. I secured and activated alfaOBD. Discovered is same program I investigated back in 2018.

Connected with HPT interface but got nowhere. Can not get by setup page as to many settings such as com port and model info. Was going to order another USB interface but figured if can not decipher settings anyway, would be waste of money.

To bad because all I have been trying to do is get ABS Initialization to work. AlfaOBD appears to be slick from limited videos and instructions have found.

Maybe next year will find someone in Florida that has a working program to fix it.

Thanks for the input.
    Have you also tried a proxi alignment by any chance? Besides alfa there is also diagFCA software, although both can run the procedure. BTW I think the PC version of alfa is more up to date than the android one. And if you are trying this procedure it is recommended not to use an ELM327 adapter.
    https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/diy/pr...ion-alignment/
    https://www.dodge-dart.org/threads/a...ignment.43097/

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Have you also tried a proxi alignment by any chance? Besides alfa there is also diagFCA software, although both can run the procedure. BTW I think the PC version of alfa is more up to date than the android one. And if you are trying this procedure it is recommended not to use an ELM327 adapter.
    https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/diy/pr...ion-alignment/
    https://www.dodge-dart.org/threads/a...ignment.43097/
    Will try this again. Have alfa PC vrs with OBDlink SX for laptop and alfa Android vrs with OBDlink MX+ for cell phone. Alfa tells me need to get Blue adapter for SX interface.
    Using on new HPT unlocked ecm but still have stock ecm if can be used. Still trying to figure out alfa as commands aren't all labeled as what they do so afraid to activate commands. Felt safe with HPT as can just reflash with last tune if problems. Afraid will brick ECM.
    Don't know if worth gamble just to fix tire size. HPT will fix speedo but activates ABS lte and disables front and rear distance sensors.

Did try both alfa setups to change tire size but got notice that completed but no return conformation from ECM. Didn't change anything. Software appears to be seeing BCM and ABS modules.
    Alfa says SGW bypass required. Will search for that.

Thanks Homer for the links. Trying to digest.

Tuner in Training
    As a follow up I did get tire change and ABS initialize functions to work succesfully with AlfaOBD but still disables Park Sense. Have not found anything in Alfa to fix that. The fix for program not working on Alfa was to change out HPT bypass with a Zautomotve bypass.

Nice part was that after success with Alfa I changed back to stock tire size which corrected Park Sense. I then reset tire size back to smaller size with HPT (which has always worked) then tried HPTs ABS Initialize command (which never worked) and worked fine. Guess have been 1 1/2 yrs fighting this when only a change in security bypass was the problem.

Have not checked all other functions connected to speed signal as yet. Keeping fingers crossed. Considered progress. Now going to check with dealer to se if can fix without messing up other settings.

Thanks again Homer for pointing me in the right direction.
    Last edited by robhin; 03-16-2020 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Advanced Tuner
    Wonder what the difference is between the Tazer and HP tuner bypass?