I've got a 4.7 ohc Jeep v8 build currently going on in my shop. Ive fucked with these deals since 07, but havent tuned one. I will most likely go with FRP (flyin' ryan performance) for the tune via HpT, and i dont mind sending him the dollars to get it going.
The motor is .020 over, 10:1 domes, 08+ cams and intake, p&p heads, and long tubes that are currently on back order (forget the name, but only company that builds WJ specific long tubes, as dak, ram, and durango headers either wont clear or are unavailable) and all new stock everything else.
I'm fairly new to tuning, but I'm just fishing for any helpful links/info on these simple deals, as I really only know GM stuff, and i dont know much about them to start.
This is for my buddy, and as I said, Ill have FRP give me the base tune and be able to log for him, but if anyone has any pointers or helpful insight, it would be much appreciated. The only basic stuff i can find is on the Dak forums for the 4.7, and thats spotty at best. I just want to be ready for the tuning side for FRP and myself here in a few weeks once the motor is in and we get to it.

Im not looking for hand outs, just a push in the correct direction. Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks.