Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeep Trackhawk changing tire dia causes ABS lte and loss of Park Sense

Tuner in Training
    I know the HPT bypass only connected one of the two cables going into security module so assume this is a "Single Pass" unit Have seen statements of "Double Pass" units and is what AlfaOBD told me I had to have. I could not get a return confirmation when changing tire size from the BCM module. Sent message to Alfa saying wouldn't work. They recomended SGWlink bypass from Zautomotive. Noticed right off had both cables from secutity module connect to bypass. No connection at all to stock module.

Was nice that made HPT ABS Initialize command work after installing new bypass.

Advanced Tuner
    Wonder if one of the HP reps are willing to comment on the differences in the bypass cable?

Tuner in Training
    Dought it as I contacted support several times through last year asking for any news on getting ABS initialization to work and was told nothing new.

Do you know what Proxi alignment is or does? Have seen various mentions of it to fix problems with ECUs. Searching for way to fix loss of Park Sense that was caused by first Tire Size Change part of whole tire and ABS routine. Afraid if go to dealer they will reflash everything to stock Trackhawk. Can not even find what technical name to use for Park Sense. (have seen Forward Collision Control mentioned) Searched through Alfa but no luck on Park Sense.

Thought maybe you ran across.

Advanced Tuner
    Ah, even alfa makes mention that all bypasses are not equal.

Note:
    Starting from MY2018 (Fiat 500L from MY2017) FCA installs the Security Gateway Module (SGW) which blocks access to diagnostics for the third-party software. There is no software solution yet, as a workaround please use a hardware bypass module (as an example).
    Owners of Alfa Romeo Giulia/Stelvio, Fiat 500X/Toro/Jeep Renegade/Compass (MP) : make sure that the bypass supports the second high-speed CAN bus, the one that is connected to the pins 12 and 13 of the car OBD port. The updated version of bypass currently delivered by Zautomotive supports all the CAN buses. If you have an older model here is how to modify Zautomotive device (thanks to Fulvio from Italy for the solution and the permission to publish it) :
    Open the Zautomotive device and solder two wires: connect pins A1 and A2, and connect pins A8 and A9 (see the picture). Modification is the same for the first and the second model of the device.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by robhin View Post

Do you know what Proxi alignment is or does?
    So there is a workbook from FCA that gives some insight to this:
    https://www.challengertalk.com/threa...7/post-8574483

Potential Tuner
    I have this exact same issue. @Robhyn, looks like you ended up trying a number of things, and ultimately figured out something, although I'm struggling to understand the fix. Could you elaborate on the steps? I like my ParkSense and ABS seems important, so I'd like to switch between my drag setup and regular wheels without this consistent issue. Thank you!