Thread: Seems theres a problem with dodge transmission tuning

Advanced Tuner

Seems theres a problem with dodge transmission tuning

This says any outdated EGS53 TCM will be automatically updated before tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post

***NOTE: We will not support some outdated EGS53 operating systems (VCM Editor will update your TCM Operating System automatically to a newer/supported OS before tuning).***

]

The problem I have is that the EGS53 is the newer version. Is this a typo?

I have tried this on FOUR EGS52 TCM's and it has read them and will write one time, thats it. After that I get 7x writer error codes.

I've tried it on THREE EGS53 TCM's and it works fine, can read, write, etc.

Can an '06 that had a 52 be upgraded to a 53 with no problems?
    The only difference I see is an added PWM Solenoid tab under the General tab and 27 tabs for the torque converter under Toque Management.

I pretty much wasted four tcm's because of some problem. In my other thread is was assumed it was my 13 year old tcm, or wiring, or laptop, it CAN'T be hptuners. WELL WHY DOES IT WORK WITH THE EGS53?

Who would have 7 TMC's laying around? I do. I'm not running a shop either.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    What is your support ticket number?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    What is your support ticket number?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
    Currently being reviewed by our engineer.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    It didn't work.

Advanced Tuner
    I dug this out of the forum using google. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GFB Performance View Post
    Maybe there are differences between some of the EGS52 TCM's but I've never had one that would respond to changes. Maybe the ones I tried were just buggy or had the same build as these guys IDK. After consulting with tuners far more advanced than myself they all had the same answer which was ditch the 52 for a 53 and never look back. I did and haven't had any issues since. Guess you got a good one or know a secret we don't

Advanced Tuner
    So what happens now? Should I forget it? Is it ok to use a EGS53? I'm hanging after buying a $100 credit for pretty much nothing.

Anything, a "sorry we can't help you" is better than feeling like I'm waiting for nothing.

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like I'm not the only one. This is from 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Is this an EGS52 or 53 TCM? I have found tweaking EGS52 in most any 2006 results in a lot of bugs once HP Tuners is used (gear ratio setting doesn't work, disabling traction control doesn't work 100%). Best results have been from a stock EGS53 installed and tweaked.

For me, when I disabled traction control, all the lights came on in the dash, but I still feel the ABS acting weird, like when I first put it in reverse at a stop I feel the pedal vibrate for a second. Very strange.

Advanced Tuner
    Problem really solved this time.
    Problem: Programming (tuning) a Dodge Police vehicle TCM changes the way the Autostick works. You can read it, and write the same read back into it and it's gone. I guess it's the writing, maybe just reading it screws it up.
    I finally found a 2006 Police TCM and installed it untouched and it works properly now. This is after ruining 4 TCM's. Why is this important? It's nice to be able to disable the MDS with a press of a button. It's also nice to be able to use Autostick while moving without pushing a button to downshift. It's not a good feeling reading the quotes on every dodge forum years ago from hptuners saying they can now tune tcm's, never once do they acknowledge that it changes the police tcm.

In other words don't use hptuners on a Police TCM

After Support told me to never tune a TCM again (because the program changes it now I have proof)

This is a video of it working with the police tcm first, then the video is paused while the hptuners altered tcm is reinstalled. Just hoping to at least reach one person and prevent them from changing theirs.
    I know no one gives a shit really but own up to your mistakes hptuners.

https://youtu.be/jOFPk4hhwQ0