Thread: Gear swap parameters for an MN6 3.90 swapped C5 Z06 corvette.

Tuner in Training

Gear swap parameters for an MN6 3.90 swapped C5 Z06 corvette.

Originally I did the gear and tire wizard for my manual MN12 to MN6 swap C5 with a 3.90 gear rear end. This made the speedometer wrong. So I went and got a stock C5 Z06 tune and reset ECM 9000 (VSS Pulses per mile) and 5002 (Trans output revolution per mile) to default. This corrected the speedometer and now there is no issue.

HOWEVER there is still ECM 9050 Final Drive ratio setting. What should be here? Will it affect the traction control? What's it for?

Also, since I swapped from a Z06 gear ratio to a longer MN6 base model ratio, will there be any changes anywhere else?

Thanks for your help.

Tuner in Training
    Bump anyone?

Tuner in Training
    Leave it stock, No changes needed unless you drastically change tire size.

Tuner in Training
    But I'm not stock I have a 3.90.

Tuner in Training
    Are you running the stock differential, meaning independent rear suspension with just a gear change? If so then there is no need to change unless the tire diameter changes.

The pickup for the vss on the c5 is off the ring gear itself, so it is reading the axle revolutions. That doesn't change regardless of gear changes for the speedometer. Since you have a manual transmission there is no need to change anything as Tom @ Overdrive stated.

In your case use the stock settings and go have fun.