Thread: Seek info to fix "Download Boot Loader: Request Download x7F Negative Response Code"

Tuner in Training

Seek info to fix "Download Boot Loader: Request Download x7F Negative Response Code"

I'm seek information to fix code "x7f" Does anyone know why I have denies access? They are some E38 gen4 ecm.

download boot loader x7f code.jpge38 gen4.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    bootloader timeout errors are typically battery voltage/wiring related issues. If you have it on a bench harness I would suggest trying it in a known good vehicle, I would assume you have an issue with your bench harness.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    It's the ecu, i'm sure. I have several with that flaw. They have been changed from vehicles that i have not been able to read or write.

Advanced Tuner
    Try writing in slow speed
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Potential Tuner
    I got the same problem on my 97 Yukon, I can use the VCM Scanner but I couldn't read the file

Senior Tuner
    HPT seems very sensative to voltage now. i can literally shhut some cars off from running with a charging alternator after driving 30 minutes, and cant flash them until I put a charger of some kind on the battery - which bothers me because years ago with LS1Edit and HPTuner first came out they all said DO NOT have a battery charger hooked up to cars while flashing. Its almost like they set a minimum voltage threshold or something higher, but these are cars they dont have any issue cranking right up or anything, just that their resting voltage is few tenths lower than some. One car I swear it wouldnt write at 11.4volts but soon as it was at 11.7 volts it would or something like that, a very tiny voltage difference whatever the numbers were
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere