Thread: 6l80e reprogram/replacement disaster

Tuner

6l80e reprogram/replacement disaster

I'm working on a 2010 Silverado 6.2l a6 camed with a 3200 circle d stall converter. I cannot make the converter stay locked in 5th and 6th gear No matter what I put in my TCC tables The TCM calls for unlock at random TPS positions . There has to be something corrupted in the TCM program. I was going to have the dealer Reprogram to stock so I have a fresh platform to work off of. I took it to the dealer today and they were unable to reprogram it due to the fact that it showed it having up-to-date calibration in it and there software wouldn't let them reprogram it. So at this point I have been told the only thing I can do is replace the TCM. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get my TCM back to stock form Short of having to replace the entire module? Could I get a tune file from the repository with the correct OS and do a write entire on to tcm? If I did would it even be worth trying? I did try to write entire with my own stock file and it didn't change anything.
    2010 silverado 6.2 ,Doug Thorley try-y headers, cats deleted ,spectra air cold air, lifted with 33's,tsp vvt 1.2 cam hp tuners

Advanced Tuner
    post the tune and stock file

Tuner
    here are the files
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 silverado 6.2 ,Doug Thorley try-y headers, cats deleted ,spectra air cold air, lifted with 33's,tsp vvt 1.2 cam hp tuners

Advanced Tuner
    your pattern B 5th gear shift points in the stock file are the same as the TCC apply. so it will shift to 5th and lock.

your file is asking the TCC to lock in 5th before you're asking for the 4-5 upshift

Tuner
    So that would cause it to stay locked during the up shift right? My problem is is it is unlocking in 5th and 6th rather than down shifting. I want it to stay locked in 5th and 6

In for answers, and how do you like the Doug Thorley Headers? I was looking at them.

Did you notice any Tq or Hp gains?