Thread: Lost Rpm cut off control

Tuner in Training

Lost Rpm cut off control

Hi back, it looks like somewhere along the road i lost control of the rev limiter, the only time it work is in the crankshaft position relearn. i double, tripple checked everything, went back to factory cutoff data and i dont have my rev limiter anymore. it just goes into red line no mather what i spec in neutral or in gear

rpm gauge work fine, scanner work fine and show real rpm, but IT WONT CUT OFF.

now if someone could check the file and see if i missed something before it print some aditional valve relief on the piston

thanks

jim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Even with a full reflash to whats was on when i got it, it still dont work, now there one thing that bother me. The pcm came from a ?exchange ? service, wich mean i had a crank position sensor error when i got in on, ive ran like this to try and had the cut off, then noticed the vcm scanner fonction to relearn and done it, thats where i lost control on rev limiter. The scanner isnt providing any info on what to do or if it suceeded but it did remove the dtc.

could the case button/fonction be broken on that model ? shouldnt it go back to working when i do a full reflash, cause it dont. No mather what i do it still dont work BUT it does limit rpm when i do the case relearn features, meaning its ecm related.

have you tried the relearn function ? did it work for you?

Parking brake on, press brake, start engine, keep one foot on the brake the whole time, connect scanner, click Begin and slowly rev to 4k over ~4 seconds. When it hits the fuel cut, let off the gas and let it come down to idle. Shut the car off for at least 15 seconds to register the case learn.

exactly what i did, and since then no more rev limiter...
    Last edited by jimcarrier; 12-27-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Even with a full reflash to whats was on when i got it, it still dont work, now there one thing that bother me. The pcm came from a ?exchange ? service, wich mean i had a crank position sensor error when i got in on, ive ran like this to try and had the cut off, then noticed the vcm scanner fonction to relearn and done it, thats where i lost control on rev limiter. The scanner isnt providing any info on what to do or if it suceeded but it did remove the dtc.

could the case button/fonction be broken on that model ? shouldnt it go back to working when i do a full reflash, cause it dont. No mather what i do it still dont work BUT it does limit rpm when i do the case relearn features, meaning its ecm related.

have you tried the relearn function ? did it work for you?

Tuner in Training
    Thinking about this, how does it monitor rpm or ect for the case relearn ?, cause im running a scalled tune ( 63 lbs h ecu limit / with 80 lbs h injector) so basicaly everything is scalled, maf reading as well as ve table. does the ecm use those value to guess a rpm ?

cause its been 10 time now, and everytime it cut out at exactly 4k rpm on the relearn ?

Tuner in Training
    Figured this out myself after all

for those with same problem...

Well looks like the original tuner made some mistake....

I found what was causing this,
    from what i understand the highlighted need to be at 0 when pcm call for negative torque rating. if you input 100 % rev limit dont work anymore...

the whole tab was at 100 % DUH

it aint really labelled but i think this tab is wrong and should not be able to tune -150 to 0 nm , i think those data row are actually for minimum throttle opening when deceleration/cut off is commanded and have nothing to do with torque limiting or maybe im just misunderstanding what torque limiting was, i always tought it was part of the traction control only, and not part of limiting rev limiter even on neutral.

image.png

thanks again
    jim