Thread: 6R80 Fine Tuning

6R80 Fine Tuning

I'm tuning a 2016 Mustang GT with a 6R80 and a KB 2.8. I've got the trans pretty close, minus the 1-2 shift. No traction! Anyway, looking at my datalogs, I've got a little tiny bit of RPM drag on the 2-3 and I'm looking to firm/speed up my 3-4 more. For the 2-3, looking at my pressures, I need to have my "C" clutch ramp down faster. I do that by lowering, making the number more negative, ramp rate offgoing for "3M->2M," correct? To make my 3-4 upshift occur faster/more firm, I need to speed up my "E" clutch. To do that, I need to lower my boost time for element E and raise my ramp rate? I had this car shifting good NA and its been a while since I've done a 6R80 car. Just trying to see if I'm thinking of everything correctly still. Also, with the KB, the car accelerates a lot faster. If the tires break loose, it shoots up to the limiter. Is there a way to make it predict the shift faster? I see max accel valves. Not sure how they work. One last thing. I had to set the car to shift at 7100 pretty much to nail the shift at 7500. I need to lower my clutch fill times, right? NA it was all spot on. Thanks for your help. I'd rather not post my tune as I have lots of time in this one.

Trans2.PNG
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Tuner
    There is some info posted in this Transmission forum that may help you with the info you are looking for. A poster who goes by 'Murfie' is pretty good with the 6R80 and has posted some info that may be of assistance. Search for '2015 6R80 base and sport shift map tuning' also 'Trans tuning spreadsheet' also 'S550 Tuning Project - 6R80 Transmission Tuning - Understanding Definitions'. It sounds like you already have a good knowledge but hopefully some of this will help you. I have been learning the 6R80 tuning and this info has been very helpful. The excel spreadsheet lets you plug in your settings on the OSS part and it will give the shift points for each gear based on the settings. There is obviously more to it than just that, but it is a useful tool. Hope you find the info useful.

When the car was NA, the OSS and shift points were spot on. Now with the KB, it's shifting late. Which I expected. I just want to make sure my thoughts on it are correct is all. It's a little hard to wrap my mind around it all. Haha