Thread: Powerdroping on a LSA at 5800 rpm.

Powerdroping on a LSA at 5800 rpm.

First of all merry Christmas to every one...
    Well, im having this issue that no matter what i do, power drops at 5800 rpm, same point that maf pid gets at max 655 g/s(not sure if related).
    I cant see throttle closing, almoust no knk but it drops baddly. AR headers and dual 3 inch straight pipe so enough for 608 whp i am making.

Attached files.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Why do you think power is falling off? For some reason, I don't see your wideband? Looks like your speed increase is pretty linear.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Why do you think power is falling off? For some reason, I don't see your wideband? Looks like your speed increase is pretty linear.
    Look at graph over 5800 rpm...is there any other torque table that must maxout?

I agree with javier looking at your log and the logged parameters I dont see the Wideband. However looking at the image and following the AFR vs the HP and Torque, as soon as it starts to lean out the power and torque follow along accordingly. I believe the standard for maximizing HP is to lean it out at the end, however I have seen a lot of cars retain better torque(which leads to increased HP) through the last 300-400 rpms by maintaining a steady AFR or even going a little richer. I dont know how easily accessed your dyno/tuner is but it could be worth taking a look at.

Advanced Tuner
    is it not the trans getting ready to upshift? your file asks for WOT upshift at 6000rpm.

also why does your log show 15* catalyst heating retard and your high octant table is miles above what you're logging?

what cooling mods do you have because on the log your blower temps are getting high enough to hurt power output greatly

Advanced Tuner
    i can't see what your actual AFR is, but am i seeing the commanded AFR correctly? According to the log, above 6k rpm you are commanding 10.5:1? And it only gets richer from there, it even dips into the 9s. What i don't understand is your PE eq ratio is shown to be 13.18:1 in the upper rpms

Afr is 11.0 - 11.3 at the top...its not an afr or ignition issue. At the begining i thought it was a airflow restriction issue, but now i have 1 7/8 long headers and dual 3 inch pipes...stock TB thou. I will check into the transmission side.
    Thanks

Cot is disable.

True...we have an issue there that we are trying to fix. Im sprying meth, but not working well.

Senior Tuner
    Looks a lot like this, in this case its belt slip.Attachment 85794
    Last edited by mecanicman; 01-01-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Javier Wilde View Post
    Afr is 11.0 - 11.3 at the top...its not an afr or ignition issue. At the begining i thought it was a airflow restriction issue, but now i have 1 7/8 long headers and dual 3 inch pipes...stock TB thou. I will check into the transmission side.
    Thanks
    So, your actual fueling is 11.0-11.3, but you are commanding something else. Seems to me like your Maf curve is off (i.e. P.E. raping)

Advanced Tuner
    Which valve springs are you using? Which cam?
    2011 Camaro SS
    Thompson Motorsports Dart 427
    ESS Tuning G4 Supercharger 1158whp/1017wtq
    DSX Tuning stuff

Stock...