Thread: injector timing

Potential Tuner

injector timing

I have a btr stage 3 truck cam attached is the cam card. Do I need to adjust the injector timing for this cam? What should be the main focus for getting this to idle correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a fairly mild cam generally speaking, the LSA will give it some chop though.

The biggest things to fix are the airflow model, fueling must be on point so that idle corrections and timing corrections don't lead you in the wrong direction.

Before you do any major changes to the idle airflow or idle timing you really need to fix the MAF curve and VE table so that fueling is corrected for the new camshaft. Then you can go back and make your idle settings better if need be.

Bump the idle to 800-900 too. Also reduce the values in the under/over speed spark correction tables so that timing is not jumping all over the place on you. Some stock calibration allow for like +/- 20 degrees, cut that way down to like 5-8 degrees.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 12-26-2018 at 10:54 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I got it running good fueling it's good but wants to die when I put it in gear. Once in gear idles Nd runs fine.

Disable LTIT's watch (log) STIT's and adjust your Base Running Airflow table as needed. Do a cold start and don't touch it until it's fully warmed up and watch the STIT's at each temperature increment in the table and adjust them in the airflow table, in the P/N line as you go through each one. In the same table, increase the airflow in the "Gear" line by 15% and flash it. The next cold start, fire it up and put it in gear again watching STIT's until it's warm and adjust your "gear" airflow values, re-enable the LTIT's and flash those changes.

Full instructions on what I'm talking about: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...e-(w-pictures)
    Last edited by blownbluez06; 01-14-2019 at 09:33 AM.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you can try this table out if you want to. this is one i have used for a few mild cams in the past with decent luck.

BTR-S3Truck
    Boundary = 6.5
    BTR_S3Truck_EOIT.JPG
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    I have my base airflow set idle in park is great doesn't try to die when I put into gear anymore. Problem now is when in gear it wants to take off and not decelerate after I let off throttle. thanks for everyone's help this is the part i can not figure out. attached is a short driving log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Check throttle cracker and follower tables