Thread: what idle adaptives do I turn off so I can log Base Running Airflow.

what idle adaptives do I turn off so I can log Base Running Airflow.

Here is my current tune. Attachment 85684 I'm trying to log my Base Running Airflow. In my scanner for Graph Display Layout, the parameter I'm logging is Idle Desired Airflow in g/s. In the column axis I have Engine Coolant Temp (SAE). I'm following the ERM performance tuning tutorial. Everywhere I have found this setup I'm told to turn off the idle adaptives so it doesn't mess with the log. I'm not 100% sure what adaptives I should zero out or turn off. In my tune, under idle>airflow>idle adaptive idle airflow, there are 12 settings that I set to 0. Is this all that needs to be 0ed out? If I look under idle>rpm>, there are more idle adaptives. Do these need to be zeroed out aswell?

Scan with setup I'm trying. Does it look right? idle desired airflow 122718.hpl
    Last edited by jon1440; 12-27-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Senior Tuner
    u need to disable proportional and integral corrections can zero out the tables
    also under spark disable the idle adaptive spark control idle, gear, coastdown zero out tables
    u can also jump out of the idle spark table when throttle is pressed so make the main spark the same as idle/idle coastdown set all to same idle spark value so it dosnt change for the test
    then idle airflow, throttle follower torque table zero it out also