Thread: Throttle Issue around 1.0 Volt

Throttle Issue around 1.0 Volt

My car is running really well and I'm working on general drive ability now.

I've noticed when the throttle is around 1.0 v, I get some throttle oscillation. It oscillates between 0.9 and 1.1, so a fair amount.

The higher the rpm, the greater the swing and it is somewhat noticeable on the freeway around 2,200 rpm's.

It appears to be a airflow issue as Actual Torque is exceeding Drive Demand Torque.

Once throttle voltage gets up to around 1.15v, it is steady and doesn't vary.

I get some minor oscillation around 0.8v as well, but only .03-.04.... so nothing major.

Any ideas? I've raised the values in the TB tables to decrease airflow and I've increased the Drivers Demand Tables.... still chasing it though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    Any ideas? I've raised the values in the TB tables to decrease airflow and I've increased the Drivers Demand Tables.... still chasing it though.

Looks like it is fluctuating most of the time..even at smaller openings.
    What you have done is ask it for more TB opening ( by raising driver demand), but then also told it that it is getting more airflow at same TB opening (by raising airflow tables).
    So the 2 work against each other ... DD opens TB, airflow limit closes it, repeat, repeat.
    Try leaving driver demand alone and go the other way with the airflow tables...ie decreasing them.(I know, smaller numbers huh...surely that can't work lol)
    The airflow numbers feed into the calculated Actual (but really fictional) Torque...if you can keep this calc below the DD torque and stay below any airflow limits, then the TB will follow driver demand tables smoothly and precisely.
    Last edited by Hemituna; 01-02-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post

Looks like it is fluctuating most of the time..even at smaller openings.
    What you have done is ask it for more TB opening ( by raising driver demand), but then also told it that it is getting more airflow at same TB opening (by raising airflow tables).
    So the 2 work against each other ... DD opens TB, airflow limit closes it, repeat, repeat.
    Try leaving driver demand alone and go the other way with the airflow tables...ie decreasing them.(I know, smaller numbers huh...surely that can't work lol)
    The airflow numbers feed into the calculated Actual (but really fictional) Torque...if you can keep this calc below the desired torque and stay below any airflow limits, then the TB will follow driver demand tables smoothly and precisely.
    Thanks... I'm slowly wrapping my head around it.

So, is "Actual Torque" only a factor of the airflow numbers?

How exactly is "Expected Torque" calculated?

When you refer to "Desired Torque", are you referring to Drivers Demand Torque?

I tried some of the settings from your 2015 Supercharged 6.4L tune.

With the small TB values and the DD changes, I got a lot of bucking and hesitation between .9 - 1.25v...... after 1.25v, it would clear up and take off. I assume this is the hidden airflow limits that we must stay below.

With my current table (basically a stock 6.4L table above 0.75v), my throttle is now stable, but I'm still losing a lot of my PT timing during acceleration. Timing will drop to around 2*.

I believe I will try your TB settings again with a stock DD table.