Thread: inside menu of FANS desired coolant temp question..

Tuner

Question inside menu of FANS desired coolant temp question..

hello.
    cruze 1.6T
    Column axis 90 seems operation fan by coolant temp.
    what does column axis 105 do?
    i tried 0-100% nothing change on fan logic..
    fans.jpg
    Last edited by teamjin; 12-29-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Potential Tuner

Fan controls

Quote Originally Posted by teamjin View Post
    hello.
    cruze 1.6T
    Column axis 90 seems operation fan by coolant temp.
    what does column axis 105 do?
    i tried 0-100% nothing change on fan logic..
    fans.jpg
    I finally figured out how the fans work on my 2006 Cobalt SS.
    CobaltFanSettings.jpg
    Fan 1 is my engine coolant fan, it switches on (1) when the engine temp is higher than ~205F (which is "Fan Desired" = 22).
    Fan 1 switches off (0) when the engine temp is lower than ~199F (which is "Fan Desired" = 12).

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    what did your CTS read when you tried commanding values in the 105 column. 105 is 221 F. while its not the axis for true temp it may need to be exceeded by a fair amount in order to switch table rows. The other question is, do you have dual fans? from the duty cycle values it seems the primary fan could be run off the 90 row and then its more likely a second fan kicks on and further increases flow which is why the 105 has a lower duty cycle run.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Having issue with my fans not shutting off. When driving my vehicle the temp will drop down to 142 degrees sometimes it goes back to 181 but then will go back to 142. I have replaced the thermostat so that is not the problem. This is something new since I had my car tuned. I have been reading forums but cant seem to find what my settings should be as they look like everyone else's. My thermostat is a 180 degree and my car is a 2006 cobalt ss 2.0 with a complete stage III kit, balance shaft delete, agi balancer, etc. basically all the goodies of a stage 3 but with stage II ZZP cams. Anyways fans come on at 223 degrees but then rarely shutoff until I shut the car off. fan settings.jpg