Thread: 2016 Focus ST, how to raise desired load from torque control?

Tuner in Training

2016 Focus ST, how to raise desired load from torque control?

2016 Focus ST with EFR 7163 and turbosmart single port IWG with 14 psi base spring pressure. This is my personal vehicle and I have been tuning it with HP Tuners since I purchased the vehicle over 2 years ago. I just recently installed a BW EFR 7163 and began logging and making changes on the street. When I saw what I thought was pretty good data and 0 limiters/throttle closing, I put it on the dyno.

My initial pulls and logs looked good on lower boost, and wg duty pretty much 0 being as that it is a 14 psi base spring in the wg. Once I started adding in a little duty cycle, it now seems to be exceeding desired TIP as well as desired load therefore closing throttle although I'm not actually seeing any limiters. The car made power on par with what I was expecting/wanting, however I kind of got stumped as to a direct way to increase desired TIP and or desired load from torque. You can clearly see in the dyno graph that the power just flattens out and I feel should be closer to 350whp and tq not fall off so hard after the inital max tq.

*edit: can't add dyno graph due to .bmp size and is not resizing properly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    your max desired inlet air pressure is 65.15inHg. you're logging 80inHg actual.

your over boost error is 8inHg.

it would appear its seeing an overboost condition

Tuner in Training
    Oh wow, not sure how I missed that. That is what I had it set at for wg pressure before I started adding the wg duty. I was unsure how much boost would yield too much power for stock fuel. Thanks, I'll see if that's all it was.

Advanced Tuner
    if you fix your issue and add boost 1 or 2 psi at a time the data and power graph shape will soon tell you when you're close

Tuner in Training
    You can definitely see on the graph that it wanted to start making power and then flattened out. The first run was when the car was copletely stock just tuned. Currently it is just 7163 with 3" catless downpipe, cobb intake. Stock exhaust, intercooler, air filter, etc., it's litterally just turbo bolted on haha. It's so quiet and smooth, I figured it was the better alternative than going full bolt on and having a loud exhaust and annoying bov noises etc. and still pushing hot air just trying to hit 300whp lol.

kevin st.jpg
    Last edited by projekteg; 12-29-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    you can see when the actual TIP passes the desired limit the throttle shuts.... which lines up pretty well with the graph flat line

Tuner in Training
    yeah, I noticed that and knew that was the cause the power flattened out. I was concentrating mostly on actual load surpassing desired load from tq that I completely overlooked max TIP setting. I was looking through all of my tables that pertained to max load.