Thread: 4l80e swap TCC issues

4l80e swap TCC issues

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this forum. I figured that since i am using HPtuners MPVI2 this would be the best place to get some insight. I recently took out the 6L80e from my 2014 SS Supercharged Camaro and put a new 4L80e using the harness and TCM from PCM of NC which made the swap a breeze. Although the engine runs great and the transmission also while in motion; it seems like the TCC is not releasing when i come to a stop. The problem is only when at operating temperatures. When the vehicle is cold, everything is fine. Once temperatures rise, and i place the transmission on reverse or driver it stalls after about 10 or so seconds. If i am driving, then it does it when i come to a stop. I have been playing with the different setting with minimal results and although the staff at PCM of NC have been great assisting me, i wanted to see if anyone out there has had the same issues and possibly a fix. I am attaching the tune that is on there as of today. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    what happens if u set the TCC minimum DC to factory values?

i have not tried that, i will make the changes and give it a try. I remember reading on one of these posts to disconnect the ISS, but haven't tried that wanting to see if there was a value i can tweak to resolve. I will report in the morning. Thank you for replying
    SinisterV10

Just got around to making the changes. With the stock setting, the TCC feels like its slipping a bit more, the shifting doesn't seem as firm as before, but the car runs good as before. An observation i have been noticing is that the car will run great at idle and in any gear up until the transmission temperature gauge reaches 180*, that's when the problem starts. If the temperature is at 180* and I come to a stop or place the vehicle on in reverse, the engine will stall unless i place it in neutral or park. I will disconnect the ISS and see what that does
    SinisterV10

How big are your cooler lines. I was necking down from 3/8 to 5/16 with some crappy bends and had the same issues you describe. Went full 3/8 front to back with smoother bends and my problem went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Chuck View Post
    How big are your cooler lines. I was necking down from 3/8 to 5/16 with some crappy bends and had the same issues you describe. Went full 3/8 front to back with smoother bends and my problem went away.
    The way I connected the cooler lines is that i cut the aluminum hard lines coming from the cooler to the 6L80e right about where the engine meets the tranny. Once i installed the 4L80e, I used an -AN union to connect the hard line (-8AN I believe) to a -6AN steel braided transmission hose and -6an transmission fittings. What is puzzling me is the fact that the transmission works great when its oil is below 180*. Once the oil reaches 180*, which I think is when it might be going into closed loop, the tranny stalls when placed in reverse. By tweaking some numbers i was able to hold it longer. I believe the issues did not show up until the oil reached 200* which takes quite a long time to get there.

2014 Supercharged SS 6.2, 6L80 to 4L80 swap.
    SinisterV10

Just chuck and lukearmstrong1990, thank you for your input, i appreciate it. I was able to fix my issue with the change of the TCC pressure valve and boost valve from sonnax. Car drives awesome.

Thanks again.
    SinisterV10