Thread: Gen2 Coyote Swap question...

Potential Tuner

Gen2 Coyote Swap question...

So I'm about to buy a '16 coyote engine and trans out of a wrecked truck. I will also have the ECU, BCM, key, column, cluster and associated wiring harnesses. From what I can gather, with these items I should be able to make the engine run on a pallet. If I'm wrong on that, someone call me an idiot.

I don't believe I would need to disable PATS with this setup, but I do think it would be necessary to disable a bunch of modules that will not be carried over. ABS, EPAS and interior electronics come to mind. Is this something I can delete with HPTuners software? Is it something I can delete with Forscan instead?

I'm not particularly interested in tuning this truck, but it might come in handy to shut off some of these modules that won't be present in the BCM.

Thanks in Advance

Tuner in Training
    Depending on swap may be better to delete anyway. What’s it going in , use, and do you actually wanna make cluster etc work in swap. Easier to delete pats most times. Elaborate. To answer initial question , hp cannot circumvent other systems, but may not need to

Potential Tuner
    Hi AngJunior,

Thanks for the response...It's going into a 2001 F150 RC/SB 4x4 truck. I understand that the cluster on the F150's isn't tied to the rest of the truck in terms of PATS but it shouldn't matter because I should be getting all of the parts necessary to run the engine on a pallet if I wanted. I would prefer to make the cluster work, as it seems easier than trying to make the '01 cluster read the '16 signals. According to what I've read the electronics involved with this are a lot easier if you have all of the correct parts from the same truck...(hopefully)