Thread: 2007 Cobalt Ecotec ECM

Tuner in Training

2007 Cobalt Ecotec ECM

The changes to the Ecotec for 2007 include a new ECM and new ignition system. The ECM is now a 32-bit E37 unit.

That's great and all, I think it will be alot better. But please HPT, don't leave us 2005 and 2006 E16 users out in the cold. I would hate to have to buy a new 2007 Cobalt just so I can tune it.

Potential Tuner

yes, please

Yeah, don't forget about us. I ahve a 2006 Cobalt LT and am counting on your package to tune with for a turbo kit.

Tuner
    Same can be said for us 2003 Ions with the "who knows what" PCM w/manual trans.

Potential Tuner
    I believe the Ions used the same ECM as the mine does. E16 Halfcent?

Quote Originally Posted by cawpin
    I believe the Ions used the same ECM as the mine does. E16 Halfcent?
    Yup

Potential Tuner

i can't believe that its been three yrs no four yrs since the ion came out and still not able to tune the ECM. that sucks . Ive got an 06 ion qc manual 2.2L and i would love to let the ions potential out of the box.

wize

Advanced Tuner
    Well realize that there are MANY OBDII cars out there that can't have their pcms tuned at home... They are just trying to support the biggest areas for them, there are alot more SC cobalts and ions that want to get their car tuned then a 2.2 cobalt/ion. people have waited 4 years why not wait 1 more. And as I believe they said before the 2.2 has funny coding so it's taking longer, besides the fact theirs many things they have on their plate. Their amazing at what they do, but their not magicians
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon