Thread: VIN & OS Strategy

Tuner in Training

VIN & OS Strategy

Has anyone been able to change the VIN on an Falcon ECU?
    I've got a 04 XR6 Turbo and I need to utilise the higher res and 6 speed capabilities of a HAAT3. *I think it has 6 speed* have tried to flash it and then Re read it back from the ecu as a suggestion but that didn't work.

Even if I have to get an alternative ECU, I still want to be able to change the VIN.
    Has anyone got ant suggestions?

Advanced Tuner
    what didn't work when you tried to flash the os you want to run?
    what year/model is the new os?

Tuner in Training
    04 BA HAANFHZ converting to --> 05 BA F6 HAAT3 strategy.

I could flash the HAAT3 strategy fine, but then couldn't start the car or read the flashed file.
    Only once i re-flashed the HAANFHZ strategy the car would start again.
    Is there something else at play here? I want to try keep PATS enabled to avoid having to re-enable it later down the track, never actually done a PATS re-enable before.

Tuner in Training
    I think you'll find that flashing another strategy over the top of another doesn't really work for numerous reasons. HP can't see all the factory tables and there may be a conflict between the two.

I'm having a similar problem where a workshop has flashed a turbo strategy over the top of a non turbo one that had also been tuned via SCT. I have idle issues and few little other problems.
    Ford Falcon BF XR6 turbo. Built bottom end, Wiseco forged pistons, SCAT rods, ARP bolts and studs, Billet oil pump gears, GT3582R high flowed with flapped mod and billet front wheel, 4 inch dump and cat, Proflow Intake manifold, Plazmaman 1000hp intercooler and piping, 1150cc injectors, Walbro 460, AEM wideband, HP Prolink, 3.45:1 LSD etc

Happy on 22psi

Tuner in Training
    Hey Ginger1 out of curiosity I'd like to ask did they use a factory turbo loom with this or was this a complete N/A setup with a turbo added and then the turbo strategy flashed onto the PCM?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger1 View Post
    I think you'll find that flashing another strategy over the top of another doesn't really work for numerous reasons. HP can't see all the factory tables and there may be a conflict between the two.

I'm having a similar problem where a workshop has flashed a turbo strategy over the top of a non turbo one that had also been tuned via SCT. I have idle issues and few little other problems.
    that sounds more like an actual tune issue, just restore it to factory turbo start fresh

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka View Post
    Hey Ginger1 out of curiosity I'd like to ask did they use a factory turbo loom with this or was this a complete N/A setup with a turbo added and then the turbo strategy flashed onto the PCM?
    His was an n/a setupwith a turbo added and a std non turbo loom.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry Cracka, didn't see your post.

So car still has NON turbo wiring harness modified to suit the 2 bar map sensor, i don't have the wastegate solenoid wiring or 2nd map sensor. Turbo strategy was flashed over the top of a non turbo one.
    Ford Falcon BF XR6 turbo. Built bottom end, Wiseco forged pistons, SCAT rods, ARP bolts and studs, Billet oil pump gears, GT3582R high flowed with flapped mod and billet front wheel, 4 inch dump and cat, Proflow Intake manifold, Plazmaman 1000hp intercooler and piping, 1150cc injectors, Walbro 460, AEM wideband, HP Prolink, 3.45:1 LSD etc

Happy on 22psi