Thread: Traction control on the 2014+ GM trucks

Advanced Tuner

Traction control on the 2014+ GM trucks

Is there a way to change how aggressive the T/C kicks in on the trucks? I have a 2016 Sierra 6.2 and when you step on it and if the tires spin the ECM shuts the whole throttle down for what seems like seconds and then slowly feeds the power back in. For comparison I have a 2017 Camaro SS, I can light the tires up on it and the ECM barely steps in at all.

Is this something that can be adjust with HPT?

Tuner in Training
    yes you can. I have just simply changed the TC fields to some value that is impossible. It still works with tc on but is super slow to correct. It spins the tires 1-2 times then slowly stops it. I prefer this in the summer I go back to stock in winter. stock it corrects it super fast.
    May not be what you are asking for but you should try it and see if you like it.

Advanced Tuner
    I only see two values in the T/C field on the engine side, the engagement temp and the torque amount. So just move the engagement temp to disable it? As long as the stability control still works I am not as worried about the T/C not working like stock. Just hate that if I jump on it and the tires spin that it shuts the throttle down fully.

Tuner in Training
    I set it for something like 300-400* and 1000lb-ft and it still works but rolls my 33" around a few times before kicking in. i have not tried a higher value in the max torque box. I just turn the switch off on the dash.