Thread: What limiter is this and stock wastegate

Tuner

What limiter is this and stock wastegate

I did a stock pull and I hit 133mm3 wide open at 25psi boost and now I did one with boost limiter off, baro off, and torque limit and I hit 125mm3 max with 33psi boost?! What limiter do you guys think im hitting? Is it the smoke limiter EQ because I dont know how that one works, is the higher the number the more its limiting or the lower is the most its allowing. Like if I go to 4 on the whole table will that disable it?
    I thought the stock wastegate opens at 25psi how did I get to 33psi?

Untitled.png

Banned
    The smoke limiter (lamda equivalency), the higher the number the less likely you will hit it and it doesn?t look like you hit it in that screenshot. What else is changed in your tune?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    The smoke limiter (lamda equivalency), the higher the number the less likely you will hit it and it doesn?t look like you hit it in that screenshot. What else is changed in your tune?
    pw 20% and smooth, timing calculator for timing, and I think I had air density disabled as well. I did not limit anything less than stock so I dont know.

Tuner
    I just realized that I may have been hitting a shift point if that maybe turns down the fueling because right after I let off it goes into 3rd gear. And how come the high boost number? I didnt even think that was possible because the stock wg would open so much sooner.

Banned
    What year is your truck again? 04.5-07 can hit upwards of 40psi if you have the fueling and timing there, I?m not 100% certain but I would think the 03-04 would be the same. Maybe not so much the 03, the way the ecm is in that year is like a bastard child stuck half way between a VP engine and the CR engine. The drop in what you are seeing could be the defuel algorithm going to work as you approach the high speed governor threshold. That?s a guess with where the rpm is at and not having a grand overview of your tune. Could be a couple things causing it, but I?m guessing your rpm limiter is starting to kick in.

Banned
    Shift defuel could be a possibility as well if it was getting ready to shift

Tuner
    My truck is an 06. What exactly are the highand low speed governors. Is that engine speed or truck speed?

Banned
    Engine speed. Road speed is used under cruise control, max road speed and in the transmission parameters. Low speed governor is basically idle and high speed governor is the opposite.

Banned
    I can?t remember the real number but the map sensor will only read up to around 40psi of boost and your stock turbo, given the right conditions, altitude, fueling, timing, etc should be able to hit pretty close to that, can sometimes be pushed higher but you?ll be exceeding the limits of the turbo.

Tuner
    Okay very helpful to know. Can all ecms log boost limit, all speed, idle speed, and high speed governors because I cant seem to find them on my current vcm scanner. Or maybe is there something I need to do to access them?

Banned
    if you hit a limiter it should show up under fueling correction reason and timing correction reason