Thread: 14 c7 cold start issues

Tuner in Training

14 c7 cold start issues

Good afternoon all,

I recently upgraded my cam to a stage 2 BTR with 38% fuel lobe, headers and catless xpipe. I am a noob and not looking to try and tune the car I just want it to start up. It seems when it try's to start it floods the engine and dies, i am assuming that's because of the big cam and fuel lobe and the ambient temperature being in the 40s. can someone tell me what table to alter to either increase air or reduce fuel on cold start so the car will turn on and idle?

thanks in advance

You are going to have to tune it...no way around it.Dosen't a 38% lobe require a lash cap?

You will have to adjust your MAF/VVE and torque tables a little.

You might be able to get away with adding 10 to 15% to your MAF table and VVE table.it worked for me getting in the ballpark but is in no way correct. OR disabling your VE and running MAF that way but in the end it will idle like crap until you start adjusting some of your idle torque tables.Then its a balancing act between torque and air.

Disabling you VVE, adding 10-15% to your MAF, raising you speed torque reserve 15% below 900 rpm, limit offset to maybe 100lbs and raise your idle to about 850 might give you enough to get it to a tuner.

And stay below 50% throttle and 3500 rpm
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Tuner in Training
    Yes it did require a lash cap, I don?t want to drive it anywhere just want it to cold start it will be trailered or towed to get tuned. Thank you for your input I will give it a shot

Ko

Let me know if that works.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7