Thread: Hellcat P2174 P2173 P2172

Potential Tuner

Hellcat P2174 P2173 P2172

I constantly fight these codes on hellcats. 98% of one's that I've tuned have this issue pop up. Stock cam, stock tb, ported tb, custom cam, A8, M6, Blue, Purple, Yellow, Gray, doesn't matter, if I tuned it, one of those codes will rear its ugly face.

Does anyone else fight these? I feel like I'm the only one lol. If someone is willing to help, I can get more specific with situations on particular cars when they happen. Because they are all consistent on when they do it per vehicle. But between the vehicles, they are all different situations when they happen. So, the only common denominator with these cars... is me. Lol. It's really not funny though, it's very aggravating.

Thank You,
    Stephen
    MMX

2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Senior Tuner
    Pretty sure adjusting MAP estimation to keep the actual MAP in line with sensed MAP will eliminate it but I would just max out the settings for it in Engine Diagnostics so people don't think something is wrong when their really isn't. If you don't enable Sensed MAP I'm not sure why they even throw the code.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    Pretty sure adjusting MAP estimation to keep the actual MAP in line with sensed MAP will eliminate it but I would just max out the settings for it in Engine Diagnostics so people don't think something is wrong when their really isn't. If you don't enable Sensed MAP I'm not sure why they even throw the code.
    Yes, I have the necessary cells maxed out. I turned Baro Learn (of which I have been told doesn't work on the hellcat calibrations) and I seem to keep popping up a 2174 now. Prior to this I've been fighting a 2173. Same car. Weird thing about the 2174 is that it happens during a part throttle acceleration

Invest in getting actual factory style DTC list and see how stuff is triggered. It will help alldatadiy is a cheap way to get engine side stuff as transmission side is not included. Plus you get pinouts and things of this nature without having to have a full subscription like a shop. All the hellcat redeye demon use baro sensors located in the ecu. they do not use the 4 maps to get baro but they do test against the ecus built in baro sensor for performance checks during keyon before startup and check against the tops sensor during wot when it should be close to atmospheric because the throttle is no longer restricting the inlet to the sc.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshCP527 View Post
    Invest in getting actual factory style DTC list and see how stuff is triggered. It will help alldatadiy is a cheap way to get engine side stuff as transmission side is not included. Plus you get pinouts and things of this nature without having to have a full subscription like a shop. All the hellcat redeye demon use baro sensors located in the ecu. they do not use the 4 maps to get baro but they do test against the ecus built in baro sensor for performance checks during keyon before startup and check against the tops sensor during wot when it should be close to atmospheric because the throttle is no longer restricting the inlet to the sc.
    TOPS logged during an acceleration is near atmospheric, long read 97.x kpa