Thread: Help needed with WB math

Potential Tuner

Post Help needed with WB math

I am trying to connect my innovate lc2 wideband to the pcm on my 01 firebird, by connecting the analog signal into the pin for my egr, but I am having trouble with the math for the user maths when trying to add all of this to the scanner. I have the mpvi2, if that makes any difference.

I am unable to upload the picture of the current equation, so I will just have to type it out. [2811.10]*3.008+7.35

I believe I am very far off. The only info in the manual for the wideband as far as voltage to afr is 0 V = 7.35 and 5 V =22.39. When wiring the analog output to the egr, I did not wire an analog ground as the wiring diagram didn't show one, I'm not sure if I will need one or not.

Any and all help would greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Archeron; 01-02-2019 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Added info

Advanced Tuner
    is 28811.10 the egr voltage? Appears correct to me. You may want to adjust the equation slightly to compensate for voltage offset, depending on how picky you are and how spot on you want it. You could either adjust things in hptuners or in the innovate software.

Potential Tuner
    Yes, I believe 28811.10 is the egr voltage, that is what auto fills when I select the egr variable through user maths. Thank you

Potential Tuner
    I'm using a AEM wideband but it's still a 5v output and should be close to what your using. My equation for WB math is ([2811.10]/.5)+9.95 and dont forget the parenthesis. If it's not typed exactly it wont work. Depending on wire length and grounds used the 9.95 number can be changed to get the accuracy dialed in.

Advanced Tuner
    Either way I would connected to the wideband via the innovate software and check the output values. The software manual shows 5v=22.39 in some places but in the software screenshot it shows 1.5 lambda or 22.05, so possible mismatch there.