Thread: lq4 with bigger drop in truck camshaft tune.

Potential Tuner

lq4 with bigger drop in truck camshaft tune.

I was wondering if there is anyone that could help me tune my truck or how i could have a tune built for my truck. i recently put in a summit 8701r1 camshaft and it runs really rich at idle i got my idle set but i am unsure what else to do with the tuner. thank u for any help in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    I recommend posting a tune and log file.
    Use these Channels and lets see how your idle tuning is set up. DBC right?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Get a wideband as well, you need it.

A few people on here do remote tuning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    how do i pull up the iac channels. and do you want me to send you my idel tuning files?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kinkel1552 View Post
    how do i pull up the iac channels. and do you want me to send you my idel tuning files?
    Kinkel, yes post your idle log using the IAC channels in my post, also add the tune file used. Downloaded the IAC Channels list.channels.XML file from my post? Download it into the HP Tuners main file where you can find it.
    You must close the current log in your scanner and then in the Channels section open the folder with the gear on it, open Channel config>> navigate to where you saved channel download and select it. Start logging with Key On Engine Off about 10 seconds then start vehicle and do not touch any throttle or gear just let it warm up. This will be the base cold start and idle condition to evaluate. Idle until it gets to operating temp around +190* or so. If you have to pedal the car to keep it running do that until it reaches the op temp and see if it will idle warmed up. If not the log will show where the first changes need to be made.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    Kinkel, yes post your idle log using the IAC channels in my post, also add the tune file used. Downloaded the IAC Channels list.channels.XML file from my post? Download it into the HP Tuners main file where you can find it.
    You must close the current log in your scanner and then in the Channels section open the folder with the gear on it, open Channel config>> navigate to where you saved channel download and select it. Start logging with Key On Engine Off about 10 seconds then start vehicle and do not touch any throttle or gear just let it warm up. This will be the base cold start and idle condition to evaluate. Idle until it gets to operating temp around +190* or so. If you have to pedal the car to keep it running do that until it reaches the op temp and see if it will idle warmed up. If not the log will show where the first changes need to be made.
    Is this the channel list you always use or just for idle tuning?
    Some channels in your list are light colored and have a different symbol to their left, can you explain this?
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    44newman
    I use these channels to sort out the idle first, enough to keep from stalling while dialing in the specific fuel mode. If the TB is DBC then it shows the IAC count, or the idle air for DBW and I would delete the ones not used. Idle Base P/N for instance, if it's a Manual then I would delete that channel and others as needed. Without knowing more than it's an LQ4 I posted generic channels that would work on either.

The <- -> arrows indicate a polling channel. In Scanner, close log file, and then in Vehicle tab>> repoll for supported parameters while connected to vehicle. If something isn't working, you may not have that parameter. This was for the LQ4 in this thread. 99-02 had DBC. He never posted a tune or log so I don't know what he had. These channels work on most in this Gen3 category.
    Do you have a specific concern? PM me.
    Cheers.