Thread: Idle - When it wants to

Potential Tuner

Idle - When it wants to

Hi All,

first time poster here so be nice

I have a LS1/4L60E out of a 2003 VY Holden SV8, ran well in car but this combo has been used into older vehicle.

Engine was rebuilt, rings bearings , etc and VCM710 , springs , pump etc. Auto also has been rebuilt.

Had the ecu loaded with a tune file to suite the cam to get it running, trailed to the the tuner (5hours away for final tune). Car drives and runs great, only issue it idles when it wants to. i had chinese T/B on it when it was tuned and the tuner thought this was the issue (had a 4.5mm hole drilled in it as well) , replaced with a edelbrock 90mm tb still the same issue (seems to drive better though). i have the throttle cable wound up to get it to idle and to make the car driveable. The idle motor seem to work when it wants to (has a mind of its own). When it was being tuned you can manual open the IAC. When starting the vehicle you need to use the accelerator to get it running and then hold it slightly, its becoming a real pain especially when pulling up to a set of lights and trying to keep it idling.

ive attached the tune file and a log file. i will be purchasing the hp tuners mpvi2 when VCM areopen next week as i have a couple of LS based vehicles and it will come in handy

Kims HT 20180901-001.hplKims HT 20180901-001.hpt

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigperry View Post
    Hi All,

first time poster here so be nice

I have a LS1/4L60E out of a 2003 VY Holden SV8, ran well in car but this combo has been used into older vehicle.

Engine was rebuilt, rings bearings , etc and VCM710 , springs , pump etc. Auto also has been rebuilt.

Had the ecu loaded with a tune file to suite the cam to get it running, trailed to the the tuner (5hours away for final tune). Car drives and runs great, only issue it idles when it wants to. i had chinese T/B on it when it was tuned and the tuner thought this was the issue (had a 4.5mm hole drilled in it as well) , replaced with a edelbrock 90mm tb still the same issue (seems to drive better though). i have the throttle cable wound up to get it to idle and to make the car driveable. The idle motor seem to work when it wants to (has a mind of its own). When it was being tuned you can manual open the IAC. When starting the vehicle you need to use the accelerator to get it running and then hold it slightly, its becoming a real pain especially when pulling up to a set of lights and trying to keep it idling.

ive attached the tune file and a log file. i will be purchasing the hp tuners mpvi2 when VCM areopen next week as i have a couple of LS based vehicles and it will come in handy

Kims HT 20180901-001.hplKims HT 20180901-001.hpt
    Any luck with your tune?
    I just bough the same camshaft kit (VCM710) to install in a VU LS1 motor and need a tune to load in and test everything out before heading to the tuners.

Senior Tuner
    Oops. I just noticed that this post was a year old...

Potential Tuner
    Hi there I've just put a vcm710 in my ls1 manual, mafless tune, otr. Looking for a tuning file. Thanks

Tuner
    tysongrose, end up finding one?

Tuner
    I've got one that is for a very similar cam, but not specifically the VCM710, the shitty thing is its tuner locked in HPTuners.
    I was able to bypass the lock and download it using a AVT852 to get the .bin file.

I can open it in EFILive using the demo, but then you'd have to manually copy all the settings across to a HPTuners OS file.
    I'm gonna fire it up hopefully in the next week so if it idles and works ok, I'll post it up.

Senior Tuner
    Post the .bin. I can probably unlock it.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Post the .bin. I can probably unlock it.
    You mean you can convert the bin back to a .HPT ?

I bypassed the tuner lock with the hardware pin ground trick on the PCM and used PCM hammer to download the .bin file.
    Only EFILive will open a .bin file though

From memory when I tried the trick with HPTuners it didn't work and still said the PCM was tuner locked.

If you have both EFIlive and HPTuners then you could flash the bin back on now it has the lock removed and then read it with HPTuners?

BIN is attached
    It's using OS1290005
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Sorry I can't fix that. What you have is an EFI Live custom OS. If you had a GM OS that was just tuner locked I can correct the key in the .bin to what the correct key was before the tuner lock was applied.