Thread: Unable to write tune to PCM, unlicensed vehicle error.

Tuner in Training

Unable to write tune to PCM, unlicensed vehicle error.

I submitted a support ticket last week (Ticket ID: 158682).
    Corey replied back asking for more details.
    I replied back with those details, but haven't heard anything since Friday.

I would really like to get this car back on the road ASAP.

Can I get a status update on this case please?

Thank you, thank you!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    he responded on Dec 31st at 12:31pm, I suggest you check your spam folder as he definitely responded.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, I got the first automated response as well as his reply asking for more information (original file from the vehicle and an infolog) which I replied back with.
    That was on Friday. I've been looking in my junk folder as well, and haven't seen a response yet.

Thank you for looking into it for me Bill!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm having him resend the response to you.

Tuner in Training
    Still not seeing anything on my end.
    I assume you guys have my email correct because I got 2 messages from you already.
    Double checked my junk folder...
    Feel free to PM me here if that's more convenient.

At this point, would it make sense for me to buy 2 more credits so that I can attempt to get tuning then see about a reimbursement later (if that is the appropriate response)?
    I AM wondering though why exactly my attempts to flash failed in the first place though, so that the same thing doesn't happen again.

Thanks again for your time Bill!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by SydneyACE View Post
    Still not seeing anything on my end.
    I assume you guys have my email correct because I got 2 messages from you already.
    Double checked my junk folder...
    Feel free to PM me here if that's more convenient.

At this point, would it make sense for me to buy 2 more credits so that I can attempt to get tuning then see about a reimbursement later (if that is the appropriate response)?
    I AM wondering though why exactly my attempts to flash failed in the first place though, so that the same thing doesn't happen again.

Thanks again for your time Bill!
    I would suggest cc'ing a response from a different email as its going out fine on our end. We rarely reimburse credits(read as never) so I wouldn't suggest buying credits in hopes of being reimbursed later.

Tuner in Training
    OK, I forwarded my last email to you guys from another account. Hopefully, I can receive your stuff on that account.

Tuner in Training
    I'm still not seeing a reply with my other email account either. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and purchase more credits. I gotta get this car going.

Is it possible that you can give me a brief description of why I couldn't get that tune written to my PMC, so that I don't encounter the same issue going forward?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by SydneyACE View Post
    I'm still not seeing a reply with my other email account either. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and purchase more credits. I gotta get this car going.

Is it possible that you can give me a brief description of why I couldn't get that tune written to my PMC, so that I don't encounter the same issue going forward?
    you got the tune written to it but in writing someone elses file to your ecm you created a 3rd vin/os pair that you didn't license.

So in order to license the new vin/os pair you created you need to reread the ecm and use that new file as your base file, it should ask you to license that file on flash.

Bottom line is don't flash other peoples files to your vehicle. It rarely ends well.