Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EEC V and VCM Scanner

Potential Tuner

EEC V and VCM Scanner

Bad news for anyone with a Ford vehicle equipped with the EEC V computer. VCM Scanner won't support this PCM for data logging. Soon after recording the data stream will stop and the MPVI2 will disconnect. HP Tuners is aware of the problem but there's no ETA on when it will be rectified. Should've gotten SCT I guess

Hi Michael,

Thanks for sending this information in. I've consulted our engineers and they are aware of this issue and are currently working on resolving this. This issue only affects the EEC-V controller which happens to be the controller in your Mustang. I don't have an ETA currently as to when we will have this resolved but it is currently being worked on.

Chad Stowell
    HP Tuners LLC
    www.hptuners.com

I dealt with this on 2v cars already. Monitor as few pids as possible and it will get a little bit better, but not by much. I got it good enough to pull off some wot pulls to get the cars dialed in.

Potential Tuner
    I have also been waiting on this fix, for multiple cars I tune, hoping the fix comes out soon.
    18- F150 5.0 (HPT tuned by Ken at Oz Tuning)- 12.2 CAI and e85 tune
    89- Ranger Coyote Swap
    KcPerformance

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboWinsorRanger View Post
    I have also been waiting on this fix, for multiple cars I tune, hoping the fix comes out soon.
    Finger crossed

Tuner
    I just upgraded to the new interface and 4.xxx because I told a customer HP now supports it.. Didn't know until the car was here in my shop that there's no scanner for it. The guy was going to take it somewhere else until I told him I could now do it. Boy do I look like the idiot now..

The firmware fix will be released soon.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Any idea on ETA? Hopefully soon, I don't want to spend any more money on tuning software but datalogging with a $15 Chinese Bluetooth receiver and phone app just isn't cutting it. Love the new software, just wish it worked with the car that I really need tuned

Potential Tuner
    Ive got the same issue happening with my Mondeo MK3 ST220, whenever i plug it and start gathering info's it will show me that its an EEC-V,
    after i start reading they ask me for turining of the engine and wait 3 seconds then turn it back on, after i do it its gives failed,
    hoping the new firmware fix this

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramimadi View Post
    Ive got the same issue happening with my Mondeo MK3 ST220, whenever i plug it and start gathering info's it will show me that its an EEC-V,
    after i start reading they ask me for turining of the engine and wait 3 seconds then turn it back on, after i do it its gives failed,
    hoping the new firmware fix this

are you able to read the file from the PCM or do you just like to use the scanner?

Potential Tuner
    Its not reading whenever i try to read it fails, hope they will fix this thing ASAP i need to tune it

for Now Im using the hp tuner like a scanner only because of this Ive tuned my Friend's chevrolet car

and im looking at my self i cant even do anything to mine as well

Potential Tuner
    Is the fix for the scanner out yet?

Tuner
    Can anyone from HP verify if the scanner is working yet?

Sorry to get off topic a bit here, but will the MPVI2 support EEC-V standalone? I was able to connect to and read one out of curiosity. There was no definition file for it, however it I wanted to I could license the file it appears as well. Is the NGauge necessary to do EEC-V still, or can this new interface handle it?
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Tuner in Training
    Was this ever patched ?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post

Any word on this?? Still waiting to get the scanner on this to work!!! Upgraded to the new interface BECAUSE it said it supported the cable throttle Mustangs and now been waiting 6 months to be able to get it to work?? Come on!! I'm going to have to pay another shop to tune my customers car if this doesn't get fixed soon!

I've tuned a few EEC-V cars now using HP tuners MPVI2 and was able to log (but with a separate device).

Here is how I was able to tune with HP Tuners and datalog completely (Tuning on the dyno, but concept is the same)

Everyone knows there is a major issue with the VCM scanner datalogging the EEC-V ECU. I've submitted a ticket (Ticket ID: 159288) sometime back in January and still to this day there is no update.

What I do now is use the VCM editior to make changes in the map, write the tune, THEN I unplug the MPVI2, Plug in a SCT device to the vehicle (I happen to have a SCT BDX that was a paperweight that could not take in custom tunes, but everything else works) Open Live Link Gen II, Connect to vehicle, select your PIDs, and then set up the graph to your liking.
    You now have a datalogger to safely Tune the vehicle. Some PIDs read differently in the map, but the concept of what needs to be change should be the same. It can be annoying and be a pain to go back and forth between the 2 devices, but you will now know what's going on and have a log to correctly tune the EEC-V ECU.

Now I know not everyone has an SCT device laying around to use it as a datalogger, but this is what I have been doing to tune EEC-V ECU's and have great success.

This is the method I use to Tune EEC-V ECU's until there is a fix on the VCM scanner to correct the issue. I know it will take a while because the EEC-V is a Dinosaur computer and can be finicky.

I hope this helps as far as logging.

Also, I emailed them earlier this week and they replied to me

" we're actively working on this issue in both the firmware and VCM Scanner software.

We have duplicated the EEC-V scanning issue in-house and I have made several firmware changes to improve behavior with regard to noise, but have not yet completed our testing.

Thanks,
    Alex Fox"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert00MustangTurbo View Post
    I've tuned a few EEC-V cars now using HP tuners MPVI2 and was able to log (but with a separate device).

Here is how I was able to tune with HP Tuners and datalog completely (Tuning on the dyno, but concept is the same)

Everyone knows there is a major issue with the VCM scanner datalogging the EEC-V ECU. I've submitted a ticket (Ticket ID: 159288) sometime back in January and still to this day there is no update.

What I do now is use the VCM editior to make changes in the map, write the tune, THEN I unplug the MPVI2, Plug in a SCT device to the vehicle (I happen to have a SCT BDX that was a paperweight that could not take in custom tunes, but everything else works) Open Live Link Gen II, Connect to vehicle, select your PIDs, and then set up the graph to your liking.
    You now have a datalogger to safely Tune the vehicle. Some PIDs read differently in the map, but the concept of what needs to be change should be the same. It can be annoying and be a pain to go back and forth between the 2 devices, but you will now know what's going on and have a log to correctly tune the EEC-V ECU.

Now I know not everyone has an SCT device laying around to use it as a datalogger, but this is what I have been doing to tune EEC-V ECU's and have great success.

This is the method I use to Tune EEC-V ECU's until there is a fix on the VCM scanner to correct the issue. I know it will take a while because the EEC-V is a Dinosaur computer and can be finicky.

I hope this helps as far as logging.
    I have been doing the same thing. Using an x3 to log with livelink and using hp to write to the car.

Tuner in Training
    This is why I haven?t upgraded to mpvi2. Why waste the money if they haven?t improve the datalogger for the EECV. I?m might just go another route for tuning a EECV

The fix is close. I tested today.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC