Thread: EEC V and VCM Scanner

Potential Tuner

EEC V and VCM Scanner

Bad news for anyone with a Ford vehicle equipped with the EEC V computer. VCM Scanner won't support this PCM for data logging. Soon after recording the data stream will stop and the MPVI2 will disconnect. HP Tuners is aware of the problem but there's no ETA on when it will be rectified. Should've gotten SCT I guess

Hi Michael,

Thanks for sending this information in. I've consulted our engineers and they are aware of this issue and are currently working on resolving this. This issue only affects the EEC-V controller which happens to be the controller in your Mustang. I don't have an ETA currently as to when we will have this resolved but it is currently being worked on.

Chad Stowell
    HP Tuners LLC
    www.hptuners.com

I dealt with this on 2v cars already. Monitor as few pids as possible and it will get a little bit better, but not by much. I got it good enough to pull off some wot pulls to get the cars dialed in.

Potential Tuner
    I have also been waiting on this fix, for multiple cars I tune, hoping the fix comes out soon.
    18- F150 5.0 (HPT tuned by Ken at Oz Tuning)- 12.2 CAI and e85 tune
    89- Ranger Coyote Swap
    KcPerformance

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboWinsorRanger View Post
    I have also been waiting on this fix, for multiple cars I tune, hoping the fix comes out soon.
    Finger crossed

Tuner
    I just upgraded to the new interface and 4.xxx because I told a customer HP now supports it.. Didn't know until the car was here in my shop that there's no scanner for it. The guy was going to take it somewhere else until I told him I could now do it. Boy do I look like the idiot now..

The firmware fix will be released soon.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    The firmware fix will be released soon.
    Any idea on ETA? Hopefully soon, I don't want to spend any more money on tuning software but datalogging with a $15 Chinese Bluetooth receiver and phone app just isn't cutting it. Love the new software, just wish it worked with the car that I really need tuned

Potential Tuner
    Ive got the same issue happening with my Mondeo MK3 ST220, whenever i plug it and start gathering info's it will show me that its an EEC-V,
    after i start reading they ask me for turining of the engine and wait 3 seconds then turn it back on, after i do it its gives failed,
    hoping the new firmware fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Ramimadi View Post
    Ive got the same issue happening with my Mondeo MK3 ST220, whenever i plug it and start gathering info's it will show me that its an EEC-V,
    after i start reading they ask me for turining of the engine and wait 3 seconds then turn it back on, after i do it its gives failed,
    hoping the new firmware fix this

are you able to read the file from the PCM or do you just like to use the scanner?

Potential Tuner
    Its not reading whenever i try to read it fails, hope they will fix this thing ASAP i need to tune it

for Now Im using the hp tuner like a scanner only because of this Ive tuned my Friend's chevrolet car

and im looking at my self i cant even do anything to mine as well

Potential Tuner
    Is the fix for the scanner out yet?

Tuner
    Can anyone from HP verify if the scanner is working yet?

Sorry to get off topic a bit here, but will the MPVI2 support EEC-V standalone? I was able to connect to and read one out of curiosity. There was no definition file for it, however it I wanted to I could license the file it appears as well. Is the NGauge necessary to do EEC-V still, or can this new interface handle it?
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Tuner in Training
    Was this ever patched ?