Thread: Drive LT4 or Walbro 450 lpfp with stock l83 FPCM

Tuner

Drive LT4 or Walbro 450 lpfp with stock l83 FPCM

Any reason I can't drive an LT4 or Walbro 450 lpfp in my L83 2016 Silverado FPCM? I've got LT4 hpfp and injectors and it's running out of feed pressure. I don't see much in the way of pump supply voltage in the tune other than a minimum fuel system voltage table in the system/alternator section. Mine are all 10.5v.

Tuner in Training
    Every system I have seen are a 2nd fuel system that tapes into the factory line and ups the feed. I see most are external pumps. But I heard the Armageddon is a 465lph internal, but haven't looked into it. Also I heard there is ways to get into the fuel pump control, but the info is hard to come by. Just shops that claim they do it on package builds.
    I'm installing a all new system in my truck before april. Can't wait to see what it can do....

Click on the fuel system icon to adjust the PWM fuel pump controls. I set mine to 57 psi when using a LS style return. I found a issue using a non GM fuel pump system. I would get pressure spikes up to 100 PSI if not using regulator. I found out that gm uses regulator inside there pump assembly to bypass anything over 75 psi.

Tuner
    I plan to use the returnless style PWM control system. I’ve got a pump from a 2017 Camaro ZL1 pump coming and will graft it on. I can get a tune for the Camaro and set it up with that.

I'm running an Aeromotive phantom with the factory pump controller in a returnless system, haven't had any issues. It adjusts voltage based on fuel pressure so any pump that supports pwm should work fine.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlech View Post
    I'm running an Aeromotive phantom with the factory pump controller in a returnless system, haven't had any issues. It adjusts voltage based on fuel pressure so any pump that supports pwm should work fine.
    Like to know more about that. My new system is a boost activated switch but it just uses a heavy duty relay for power. It is a return system with a reference regulator as well.

I also looked at the belt drive pump. As it was offered to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow1500 View Post
    Like to know more about that. My new system is a boost activated switch but it just uses a heavy duty relay for power. It is a return system with a reference regulator as well.

I also looked at the belt drive pump. As it was offered to me as well.
    The low pressure system on these DI engines is pretty simple, just a PID loop that looks at a pressure sensor and compares it to the low pressure setpoint (your desired fuel pressure settings, 7030 thru 7035) and it adjusts a PWM signal to the pump to maintain those pressure settings. There is some things you can do on the duty cycle side but so long as all of it is using pressure it will work fine and self regulate.