Thread: 02 sensors not switch - lean after dyno tune

Advanced Tuner

02 sensors not switch - lean after dyno tune

Having an issue after dyno tuning a '68 truck with a L92. Open loop tuning went fine then we went for a drive to check fuel trims and they were maxed out positive and the O2 sensors' voltage was .003v on both banks. The truck sounds like it's loading up and running rough going down the road unless i disable closed loop. I've attached a quick startup and idle log along with the tune. I'm sure it isn't PERFECT, but something isn't right with the O2s or something I'm missing. Anybody have any ideas? There's been wiring issues before, including with the O2's, but this was supposed to be fixed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    you can see in the log where i disable closed loop for a moment and the trims go back to 0 and the idle stabilizes. I haven't gone back and verified anything with a wideband yet, but plan on it

Check for power/ground for the sensors.

Even if the sensors were disabled in the tune they would still somewhat function and do something in the logs, this kinda seems like a power/ground issue with the circuits.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Just talked to the owner.... I'm pretty sure he drove around in open loop with just a startup tune in it for a couple days.... is it possible that could've killed the sensors?

Advanced Tuner
    Both O2 sensors were bad. We just replace them and everything is fine now.