Thread: 2018 F150 3.5L vs. Metroplex's Guide

2018 F150 3.5L vs. Metroplex's Guide

First off, long time GM tuner, part-time Coyote Gen 1 and Gen 2 tuner.....

So, I'm trying to implement Metroplex's guide to tuning the Gen 2 F150 3.5L EB and.....well....

The thought Metroplex had was that the numbers in the SHO table were absolute pressure values and that would make sense given the parameters in his table:

metroplex ipc.PNG

But, looking at this table in the 2018 F150 3.5L, that just doesn't seem like I would need to really raise anything in the table since Ford already put ridiculously high MAP pressures in there:

f150 ipc.PNG

Thoughts? Leave this table alone in this case?
    2013 Mustang GT - Twin Turbo
    2016 Mustang GT
    2011 Suburban Z71 - Tow Machine

You are looking at two different units of measure. His is in psi, and yours is in inHg. Look at the top right next to the math box. It says inHg on yours, click on it, and you can change the units to psi.

Keep in mind some things have changed since that guide was written, it's not going to be step by step on a new EB.

Son of a gun. I thought I had changed the units on everything. Thanks 95Gturbo!

I'm quickly finding that out Higgs, but I think I'm getting a good handle on it. It has been a great help in beginning to understand the differences between EB tuning and Coyote tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Not only have the engines changed some, but the latest versions of HPTuners will bring up very different tables than in Metroplex's guide. I reverted back to an earlier version to keep things the same. (These changes make it very difficult for DIYers. Just when you start to understand thigs, it changes on you.)
    2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
    2002 Regal GS (3800 Supercharged V6)
    1996 Dodge RAM 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
    1982 Buick Grand National
    1965 Hemi Barracuda (43 jr)

Ford switched to different setups starting in 2015 for most platforms. I am not sure if Taurus still stayed the same for 2015-up. But essentially most EcoBoost for 2015-up is different from pre-2015. Then pre-2013 was very different as well. The split DI/PI for 2017-up trucks becomes different as well. I've been wanting to write up a guide for my 2017 Fusion Sport, which is more aligned with 2015-up and would help a lot of the newer DIYers that are using a new EcoBoost platform.