Thread: C63 Help

Tuner in Training

C63 Help

Hi,

New guy here! I'm not new to tuning, but am new to both mercedes and HPT. I've been doing some logging, and I was not able to log cam timing (either bank), and could not find the MAFv table either, also Backyardturbo mentions a Max durability spark table, and I was not able to find that either.

I wanted to know, since a few guys are EC tunes, have you guys gone back from HPT to EC? Or is that not possible? I haven't unmaried the genie just yet, since I didn't know if you were able to go back to it or not if you had the HPT credits on the ECU

You can absolutely go back and forth between the 2. I like to play it safe and flash back to stock with the mygenius from the EC tune before loading a HP Tune. Its prolly unnecessary but better safe than sorry if you ask me!

Max durability is in Spark -> Advance - > on the right side (middle-ish of the window)

ive attached logger configs in a couple threads that should help you with the other stuff.

Tuner in Training
    hpt.png

Um, what does this mean? I just unflashed the EC tune, and got this message. Did I do something wrong?

Tuner in Training
    Disregard! Searched through the forums and found it normal. Flashed on new rom runs like stock it seemsign.png

Unless I'm blind I'm not seeing it. Are we able to attach tune files directly?
    Last edited by ihiryu; 01-04-2019 at 06:42 PM.

It is in fact a stock file that is provided. HP doesnt offer canned tunes, its an end user program to custom tune the car yourself. OR, you can pay someone to remote tune it for you

Tuner in Training
    For sure, I mean I've not new to tuning, just new to Mercedes and HPT, so I'm just slowly navigating as I go on. BYT, were you able to look at my screen shot? I couldn't find the max durability table on mine. I read on one of the posts that you and quaalude (don't know if I spelled that correct), you guys got a different beta version?

It has been added to the last couple of stable version releases. Its in Spark, Advance, on the right side (middle of window)

Tuner in Training
    Sorry to for being such a wear out, but I downloaded the new beta, and re-read the rom, and nothing on the MAX dura table still

Tuner in Training
    I FOR SURE, do not have that table. I only have the minimum spark table, but no maximum spark. Can I upload the file directly to the forum, or do I need to upload it to a drop box?

you can attach it in the "go advanced" portion instead of using quick reply

Tuner in Training
    3 beta.hpt

BYT, could you check this rom for me please? I pulled this with the BETA Scanner

I cant open it because you are using a newer release (since its the beta) than the current stable version. Try switching to the stable version or post a screenshot of the spark menu

Tuner in Training
    BYT I posted it on post # 4. It's the exact same

Ok, I downloaded the beta on my work PC to check it out for you. Its there on mine, I really don't understand what's happening on your end

c63.png

Tuner in Training
    Is it possible to use your rom, on my car?

We have different operating system numbers

make sure your Editor is set to View -- Advanced

Tuner in Training
    As BackyardTurbo mentioned: if you can post your tune using VCM Editor 4.2.12, then other forum members using the stable version can look at your tune and give you advise.

11.962 @ 117.14mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, & stock tune - 2/25/16
    12.214 @ 115.22mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, & EC V5 dyno tune - 4/21/16
    12.057 @ 115.97mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, & EC V6 tune - 2/3/17
    12.067 @ 116.30mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, MBH headers, midpipes, X-pipe, & EC V7 header tune - 3/25/18
    11.844 @ 119.14mph-AFE dry air filters, ROW boxes, MBH headers, Quaalude midpipes w/Mag. cats & Vibrant mufflers, X-pipe, & Quaalude HP Tuner tune - 12/6/18