Thread: How to enter formula for Ballenger afr500 v2?

Potential Tuner

How to enter formula for Ballenger afr500 v2?

I am having the same issue as this guy:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ghlight=afr500

He got this conversion formula from Ballenger and it sorted him out: 0.357142857143 + 6

I'm having a little trouble entering the formula. I thought I needed to go to Tools>Math Parameters to enter this.

I clicked on User Math 1 and made the edits:

2.PNG

3.PNG

...I'm guessing I missed something here as it had no effect.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    I deleted the channel, and re-added it, and this time instead of selecting the afr500v2 (wide) in the Transform sub-menu I tried adding it as User Defined, using the formula from my post above. No change in output- VCM Scanner reads about 2.5-2.8 higher than my Ballenger display.

There has got to be a way to enter this formula that I am just missing.

VCM Suite version: 4.3.140
    MPVI Pro
    Ballenger afr500v2

If anyone has had to make this adjustment for the afr500 (or any wideband unit) that can tell me where I am going wrong I would greatly appreciate the assist!

Potential Tuner
    Something else I am noticing- when adding the afr500 via the predefined rather than User Defined, the formula appears to match the one from my first post (0.357142857143 + 6) minus a few digits on the end:

4.PNG

0.357142857143 vs 0.3571428

Could the lack of those last 5 digits cause my reading to be off in HPT? I'm thinking no, because when I added the full formula via User Defined it had no effect- VCM Scanner was still reading considerably leaner than the Ballenger display.

Potential Tuner
    Plugging away at this by reading through the forum here.. is there additional math that needs to be entered to account for the analog output value from the afr500? The Ballenger manual has this formula for gasoline: 9.00 + Vout x 1.400

Reading this thread (https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ight=9.00+Vout) led me to this formula: 100*(9+([7101.10]*1.4)-[6001])/[6001], but this is from someone who didn't have a Pro interface and had the 5v wired to his AC, so I'm not sure if it is entirely accurate for my situation.

Can anyone help me with the correct formula and how to enter it?