Thread: Need a bolt-ons tune for a 2015 Silverado with 6.2L and 8 speed auto w/a whipple

Potential Tuner

Need a bolt-ons tune for a 2015 Silverado with 6.2L and 8 speed auto w/a whipple

Good Day Folks,

I really would like to thanks this website and all of you for all the help you have provided in the past couple of years as I have learned a lot about the new Chevy Ecotec engines from all of you.
    I just finished installing a 2.9L Whipple SC on my truck and got the canned tune from them and so far so good but I think the engine is running a bit rich since I had also added a few more bolt-ons prior to the install.

Here is what I have also added:
    - Volant CAI
    - Ported stock throttle-body
    -Gibson cat-back exhaust
    - TSP 1 7/8 Long tube Headers

The engine now feels a lot stronger and pulls really hard and will eventually do a post here on what I had to go through during the Whipple SC install as it took me while to finish the install since I did it by myself, but I finally managed to get it all done and it feels so good! :-)
    I have done all the work listed above by myself and although it was quite a challenge to get all the work done, the sense of accomplishment is great!

Also, I am in Parker, Colorado with high elevation and if you can provide me with a reputable Dyno tuner in my neck of the woods I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    TM

Good luck and keep us updated!

Potential Tuner
    I was able to find a good tuner here in Denver and I am really happy about the results. Baseline numbers with the Whipple canned tune and the 4.125 pulley were 445HP/476TQ; and after the tune we were able to get 545HP/551TQ so the add ons did make a difference. With the Whipple's 4.175 pulley the PSI fluctuated between 7 to 8 and the final tune was left at about 7.5 PSI for now and about 524HP/535TQ to be on the safe side since this is my daily driver. I will post the dyno numbers in a bit as well. I would also like your opinion on moving to a smaller 3.75 pulley to make a little bit more power. Pro's and Con's?

Thanks again!

Potential Tuner
    [attach=config]86267
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    Sorry..........had an issue loading it, but here it is now.