Thread: Afterstart IAC issue

Tuner

Afterstart IAC issue

I am posting this in response to my other post, this is more accurate and a vid.

Setup:

6.0l with a decent cam
    2002 LS1 Fbody 0411 PCM
    T56 6spd manual car

Here is the issue:

Warm start, basically go to the store and have it sit for 10 min or so, or upon warmed up restart it will sputter and die if you try to move it. Sitting still the idle is fine and it takes about 15 sec to get into a steady state idle. It does this while in open loop speed density or closed loop MAF. Does the same thing every time. The IAC loses it's mind. Friend of mine who tunes said they had one do this and he didn't remember the fix but it was in a place he would never look.

Afterstart enrichment and friction/startup airflow tables are from my stock 2001 2500HD, I just added more to the base amount given it's a 6.0l with a cam. Startup and idle has no issue, the IAC goes nuts only when you move the car within this first 15 sec. Base Running Airflow is dialed in to what the car wants, I watched the MAF flow rate from a cold start at like 20* several times to get it right.

Refer to vid, my wideband is dialed in. IAC drops and the car goes rich, and stalls. Tune file attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_OoG8iexX4
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Four wheels & a motor.

Tuner
    I have been given some advice to increase the camshaft rev delay values on that table under friction airflow. They are still stock at the moment.
    Four wheels & a motor.

Tuner
    Not much help.. this is why I don't post here. I'll figure this shit out on my own.
    Four wheels & a motor.

Tuner
    What is your wideband doing? Is it drowning or running 14.7 before you tap the pedal ?

Tuner
    Running 14.2 then going rich when the IAC drops out.
    Four wheels & a motor.