Thread: 2007 GMC sierra 6.0l VVT & DOD delete stage 3 cam need a little help

Tuner in Training

2007 GMC sierra 6.0l VVT & DOD delete stage 3 cam need a little help

Hey guys new guy here looking for some help with a 2007 GMC Sierra 6.0l that recently had VVT and AFM deleted and Stage 3 cam installed. I'm able to get the truck to idle around 750rpm by making adjustments to the base running airflow table, but I'm having trouble with startup. I have to give it a bit of throttle for it to fire up, I've tried increasing the startup airflow but its doesn't seem to be helping too much. It's probably something obvious and any insight would be greatly appreciated. Tune file is attached.

Here is a link to the cam currently installed.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-8713/
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Ok, I got to play with the truck some more today. I really bumped up the startup airflow from the 3.0g/s stock to around 11.0g/s the truck fires right up now when warm and idle's well. Only issue now is the idle will dive to around 550 rpm when burping the throttle. Truck doesn't die but dives a bit too much, I'm thinking integral airflow adjustments need to be made. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

stock DOD AFM delete idle PE timing SEScodes corrected MAF.hpt
    john's 2007 Chevy log.hpl

So how does the truck run? I did a DOD delete with cam and lifters and I haven't been able to get it to run on all 8 cylinders since. looking at your tune you haven't stopped the mil on your DOD cylinders or unchecked the ses boxes not to mention the P3400 code.

Tuner in Training
    Old thread but better late than never. I ended up adjusting the startup airflow and the truck runs great now, no check engine lights at all.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwilliams View Post
    Old thread but better late than never. I ended up adjusting the startup airflow and the truck runs great now, no check engine lights at all.
    Can you help me get my stage4 cam 07 5.3 truck running , I'v got the DOD deleted and turned off,. Gota give it gas to start truck and the rpm hang really bad when reved ,. I don't know what adjustments to make with the flow and timing. Thanks.