Thread: 14 GMC 6.2L BTR Cam

Potential Tuner

14 GMC 6.2L BTR Cam

14DENALI_E92_6.2L_A6_Cam_BTR - Copy.hpt

Did BTR Cam and have some warm start idle fluctuations. Also having driveline clunking pretty bad.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    14DENALI_E92_6.2L_A6_Cam_BTR - Copy.hpt14DENALI_E92_PEREGRINE_6.2L_A6_STOCK_ORI.hpt

i attached my Stock File and Modified Tune File for comparison if someone would be so kind to take a look.

I did some tuning to TCM today using Bluecat and it has helped some. Hope I can get some more seat time to dial it in some more.

Thank you.

Potential Tuner
    14DENALI_E92_6.2L_A6_Cam_BTR _Trans_Change_SWP 1_13_19_Rev3.hpt

Attached is TCM Tune I did with help of Bluecat. I still have plenty of clunking in driveline when I let off gas. Can't seem to get it out even with playing with torque converter lock up. Any help would be appreciated.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    would be best to post a log of your car idle /cruise
    E-tuning/remote Tuning Sultan@mastuning.net Follow @MASTUNING Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161
    [URL="http://www.mastuningsaudi.com"]

Potential Tuner
    Added Log file and did some changes to tune.

Changes from Tune from $900 Tuner...

Lowered RPM down to 700. This fixed the drive-line "Clanging" when coming to a stop. I think it was due to torque converter engagement at that RPM. I do need to see if idle can stay just a bit more stable. It is much better than before.

I changed a bunch of shifting times as MPH up-shift and down-shift. Also changed a bunch of torque converter lock-up and unlock.

Changed Low, Medium, High VVT retard. Started at 3500.

One thing I can't figure out is the light throttle 3-4 shift. The throttle closes during that shift and I want that gone completely. It is so annoying and makes the truck lunge. No reason for the throttle to close at that minimum throttle and 3-4 shift.

Take a look and see if you anything else. My fuel trims look ok, but at lower RPM it is adding up to 10% fuel and at 3000 and up it is taking fuel away up to17/18%.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    I am still getting drive line "clanging" at 7 to 10 mph coming to a stop. It feels like the lope from the cam is what you feel in drive line transitioning from cruising to stop. I have attached current tune file and stock is in thread.

Would really appreciate some feedback from someone...

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    14DENALI_E92_6.2L_A6_Cam_BTR _HPForum_test.hpt

this is SD, get a idle log, there was alot of strange things going on...
    E-tuning/remote Tuning Sultan@mastuning.net Follow @MASTUNING Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161
    [URL="http://www.mastuningsaudi.com"]

Potential Tuner
    Logs attached. Thanks

I wouldn't max out all the engine TM tables if this was my tune.

Also wouldn't disable the TM stuff in the transmission either. The upshift/downhift torque reduction tables have been disabled.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.