Thread: MPVI2 not recognized??? Won't connect. I have tuned many vehicles with it previously

Tuner in Training

MPVI2 not recognized??? Won't connect. I have tuned many vehicles with it previously

Went on the Dyno today to tune a Customer Vehicle and my MPVI2 unit can no longer be recognized. I installed the latest software and driver but no luck. When I look in the Device Manager it recognizes it as a "USB Serial Converter" I've tried different cables and different ports. Windows does make the audible connection noise and the unit powers up as well.
    Both the scanner and the editor can't recognize it and it won't sync. I have tuned many vehicles with this unit before but no luck today. Luckily I still have the MPVI1 so I was able to get the car out.

Anybody else have this issue??

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    To rule out a pc related issue please try on an alternate pc, if you still have the same issue contact support for an RMA.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    CRAZY - Im having the same issue same time - did all teh same as mentioned and same results... I guess I have to look for another lap top

Me too....sitting here with a car I need to tune. Glad to see I'm not the only one
    09 LNF: K&N Cai, ZZP IC, Injen IC piping, 3bar maps, efr 6758 (440whp!), Zeitronix E85 gauge, Innovate LC-1, WOTbox, HPTuners/Selftuned

Tuner in Training
    try a new usb cable mine fried and did the same