Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MPVI2 not recognized??? Won't connect. I have tuned many vehicles with it previously

Tuner in Training
    I'm having the same issues with my MPVI2. I'ts hit and miss on whether it connects at all and when it does it will usually cut the data feed and produce me with a useless log. It has also cut out during a calibrations change and left me sitting a hour away from home until i could get the thing to reconnect, luckily it was just a calibration change and not a full write.

Edit, I also just reinstalled MPVI2 drivers so i will see shortly.
    Last edited by Luke22493; 10-31-2019 at 11:58 AM.

same problem here. scanner was working, unit is only a month old. after logging it started losing communication, had to unhook close, reattach and reopen scanner. after a month of this and a few hours logging today, it will communicate but when trying to scan will not fill any channel data and once i click stop scanning button, it will populate a snapshot of current data. i verified this with engine temp, iat, etc that pops up beside my channels . the editor works fine. uninstalled everything including drivers and reinstalled with no luck.
    Last edited by sportinawoody; 11-10-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Reinstalling interface drivers had no effect. Its still cutting the feed out. Ill try a firmware update but im not expecting a change. I usually get an unrecognized usb device error also when i disconnect and reconnect my interface.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke22493 View Post
    I'm having the same issues with my MPVI2. I'ts hit and miss on whether it connects at all and when it does it will usually cut the data feed and produce me with a useless log. It has also cut out during a calibrations change and left me sitting a hour away from home until i could get the thing to reconnect, luckily it was just a calibration change and not a full write.

Edit, I also just reinstalled MPVI2 drivers so i will see shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke22493 View Post
    Reinstalling interface drivers had no effect. Its still cutting the feed out. Ill try a firmware update but im not expecting a change. I usually get an unrecognized usb device error also when i disconnect and reconnect my interface.
    If you haven't already you should contact support, your interface shouldn't be cutting in or out randomly.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    If you haven't already you should contact support, your interface shouldn't be cutting in or out randomly.
    It's a funny thing. It has worked all day today so far.

what worked to re-establish after exhaustng everything was unhooking the battery. now my analog output of my afx is dead although display still reads what appears to be accurate measurement. ohm'd + & - from ngk to mpvi2 pro splice connections and measured .2 so wirng wasnt the issue. smelled the box, it smells burnt up, no biggie, ordered a new afr500v2 from ballenger, hooked it up and guess what, mysteriously my analog output is dead although display is reading and this one smells burnt now also. i made a ticket but it says priority "low" in the email. All of this started when this unit glitched on me and battery voltage or wiring is not an issue on this vehicle as its been running on someone elses tune for quite some time until I started building my own. Anyway you can get my priority stepped up ?

What kind of crap do you use? I have some programs for these devices, but I'm not sure how much they will help you.

Potential Tuner
    A better late than never FIX, Windows 10 strikes again, I have just had the same problem with drivers & W10 and nothing I found about this in HPforum worked for the problem ( ! yellow symbol on drivers, interface not found) with some not all version of W10 & motherboard manufacturers I found updating the motherboard which is easy & W10 has a built in program to do this. I will grab the link & post it down the bottom, also W10 updates, NO ONE likes W10 update as they will give you all kinds of unwanted problems with your computer like drivers not working, Bluetooth and other BS, so this can stop them from installing and dropping drivers & other devices as it does, you can try debloating W10 if you are savvy it worked for me for over a year now no problems and no Bloating slowing things down, also you can look for W10 latest version update in computer properties for a version update link or go to Microsoft downloads for latest version.
    First do W10 latest version then W10 latest updates first then turn W10 updates off and use the W10 update blocker to keep it off as it turns back on automatically or the next update you may get the some problems and all bloatware will re-download, every now and then you can turn blocker off and update and then do the same process to keep your computer up to date
    I posted this on HPtuner forum for MPVI & MPVI2 on W10 but this will work for all windows drivers and devices.
    PLEASE, this is a guide that worked for me do this at your own risk or as you computer nerd.

Sordum W10 update blocker Download; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4ziE5Am0pM
    Look to https://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-...-blocker-v1-5/ instructions on W10 blocker and debloater.
    YouTube Video W 10 update blocker install instructions:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVy4GAtkh7Q&t=2s
    Bios update; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ILhJahfaw
    W10 Version update; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHlLkuXMAIA
    W10 Blocker; https://www.sordum.org/downloads/?st...update-blocker
    W10 Debloater; https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater

Potential Tuner
    Same problem for me, Basically a brand new unit used only a few times and they are telling me i need to pay 289$ to get there new version of the mpvi2 pro unit called the "mpvi2+" that apparently they attempted to fix the bugs of the mpvi2 pro unit that i already spent over 550 on and i see on facebook they increased all there prices they said because they are having to pay more for the parts due to the china situation so apparently im suppose to use my money to help them out with there bad device.. I feel extremely screwed over right now... especially sense this all happened when i was installing a update while doing a RESYNC, Seems like almost every other time just to even connect from day 1 of purchase they always make me do a RESYNC to even start working with a vehicle... I also see where amazon is charging half price for the MPVI2 pro unit so makes me think there is sort of scam going on where they are making money off the resale of my unit that was erased/bricked in the update... I got a 2012 tahoe that i have credits for that needs to be connected right now and another truck that needs tuned so im feeling not happy about this right now.. all 4 lights on front flash over and over...
    Last edited by JH7; 11-30-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Fixed for editor using multiple cables and not being able to flash with other cable (Vehicle unlicensed)

Delete Licenses.dat in HP Tuners folder and plug in cables again. resync and all works

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Potential Tuner
    This might sound strange but get your MPVI2 dongle and have a sniff of it. Yep take a good long breath through the nose and see what you can smell. If it smells anything like mine does it will answer the questions as to why it cant connect. I was having issues with it not reading "diagnostic protocols" for my own car that has been flashed many times and I tested it the dongle on other PCMs, same issue, tried different cables, reloading drivers the lot, resync'd the unit got the firmware update everything, but nothing was working, while trying to decide the next move and select a target to throw the dongle at I happened to have it in my hand and when it came close to my face all I could smell was the unmistakeable smell of burnt electronics. Its a smell no one wants to smell and the smoke had definitely escaped this one. So take a whiff of your dongle if its playing up and see if yours has suffered the same fate as mine and fried something in its circuitry or is possibly about to, if your fault is intermittent.

Potential Tuner
    I'm having this very same issue and it's very frustrating. What is the trick to get it working again?