Thread: New upgrade MPVI2+ won't read vehicle

Tuner in Training

New upgrade MPVI2+ won't read vehicle

I opened up my new MPVi2+ today for the first time having received it following upgrade. (The week before they announce release of version 3 GRRRRRR) I have connected it up to the laptop I always use and it seems to detect the interface fine. I have updated both VCM scanner and VCM editor, I have also resynced the device through VCM scanner. Not that it should stop me scanning but I have checked and the credits are still present on my VCM editor.

When I connect up and ask it to connect to car it opens up the connection box but then I get the error message -

Unable to detect the vehicles diagnostics protocol.

It?s possible that this vehicle isn?t supported yet by VCM Scanner, E-mail [email protected] so that we may add it.

Another possibility is that all the controllers (VCM?s) in the vehicle are not responding for various reasons.

Obviously the first point is incorrect as I have been using my old MPVi2 to tune this car for years. I think I can also rule out the second as I connected up an old OBDII reader and it is pulling all the live data that would normally be available via an app on my phone.

The only other point is that the light above the word ?STAT? is on steady and red.

I have tried plugging/unplugging/rebooting/different USB port etc.

Anybody seen this?

Ticket has been raised

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    Bill, yeah I raised a ticket and Eric sorted me out over a day or so! Got it working and reading the car again, gonna try hooking up the standalone and track addict BT feed tomorrow so fingers crossed for that

Thanks for the response!!