Thread: 2011 chevy 1500

Potential Tuner

2011 chevy 1500

new to this can someone help me get a good file for a 2011 chevy 1500 5.3 no mods done to truck just want more power and better fuel millage

Advanced Tuner
    That's not really how it works around here. You aren't going to have anybody just give you a tune. If you want, there are a TON of threads on here you can search for regarding what changes to make. You'll want to look at MAF and VVE tuning using fuel trims or a better method would be to use a wideband if you have one. There are resources on here on how to set a wideband up in your scanner. Torque management settings can be adjusted and you'll definitely want to look into transmission tuning. The search function on here is sometimes lacking, so you might seach on google and add "site:forum.hptuners.com" after your search criteria.

You'll be a lot more likely to receive help if you do your homework first, then post your tune with a log so we can evaluate what you've done or could do going forward.

More power without mods isn't going to really happen either, you can pick up a little power by optimizing timing and fueling but you are still limited to the stock camshaft and exhausts ability. The butt dyno will make it seem quicker and it can surely react quicker if the right changes are made to the calibration.

I tried to get more fuel mileage in my 2012, didn't really work that well. Even with AFM/DoD on it didn't change and when I disabled that feature I could get the same mileage with it off. Unless you live where it's super flat or always downhill it's going to stay around that 14-16 city and 20-21 freeway for an avg.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.