Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fault Class

Tuner in Training

Fault Class

Maybe I'm blind today or something.... I am looking at engine tuning on a 2009 Ram/Cummins and in the Engine Diag there are "Fault Class" choices of Disabled, and 1-7. I can't find anything about these fault classes. Anybody have any help?

Thank You!
    R

Banned
    Not a clue, sorry

Tuner in Training MaroonMonsterLS1's Avatar
    Did anybody figure this out?

Banned
    Has to do with Cummins fault codes

I had gotten that far
    What do they mean.

Banned
    Like DTC?s but Cummins own number for the faults. Can find the Cummins fault lists online, there are different fault lists for each toe of ecm and engine.

I can't tell if you're serious or trolling.
    I'm aware what DTC's are. I'm aware I can google the list of what each code means.
    I'm asking what the "fault class" in the HPT software means. There are classes 1 through 7 and "disabled" for a total of 8 options

Just like for GM dtc's you can select "first reported err" "second reported err" "no MIL" and "no error reported"

I'm wanting to know what the difference for each class 1-7 is

Banned
    Don?t know where I said you don?t know what DTC?s are. But whatever. Nowhere within any Cummins calibrations have I seen any fault with 8 options to choose from. Some monitor systems have 2 options, on or off, some have maybe four and they have nothing, nothing to do with MIL. If you do not want a fault code setting a MIL or check engine light then you place the Cummins fault code in block tables.

Do you have the most recent version of HP tuners?
    If you look at a 6.7 diesel file (07+ ram 2500) and you look at the engine diagnostic tab...you'll see each DTC has those 8 options.
    I'm not sure what you mean when you say cummins calibrations (are you looking at a tool other than HPT?)
    There is a tune for an 07 on the repository if you'd like to look and know what myself and OP are referring to

Banned
    I?m referring to what Cummins has in the ecms for these trucks

I'm able to post a screenshot later so you can tell what we are talking about.
    It is a paramater in the HPtuners software.
    It is something that can be changed when you tune the truck.
    I want to know what the parameter settings mean.

Why are we not understanding each other

Banned
    I?m aware of what you are talking about and I?ve told you what is in the ecm of these trucks.

so you don't know that *for example...i totally made this up*
    1=pending code no light
    2=stored code no light
    3=pending code with light
    4= stored code with light
    5=engine damage warning, flash light
    6=put it into limp mode
    7=kill the engine

or whatever

that's what I'm looking for

Banned
    There is a table of specific codes that cause the engine light to flash, there is a specific table causes the engine light to come on momentarily, there is a table that causes the engine light to come on and stay on, there?s a table that can be used to block fault codes, there?s a table that can be used to block the engine light for fault codes. These tables are individually set and can be changed if you know how.

The 8 different choices for each DTC given by HPT makes no sense when I look straight at what is truly in the Cummins parameters and tables in these trucks.

so...do you still not know what section I'm talking about?
    Or do you not know?

I feel like This thread is a fairly open and shut question and it's gotten just a silly level of length for what it is.
    can you tell me what the 1-7 options mean, or not? That's really all I need

Banned
    Re-read my last post. Having 8 different options to choose from for each DTC makes zero sense and I?ve explained there are different tables that handle different faults in which way. The files I have in regards to the true calibration that goes on the ecm doesn?t have 8 different options to choose from for each DTC or fault.

I'll just wait until I get home and post a screenshot so you know what I'm talking about. It seems as though you don't
    To be honest I feel silly for even responding anymore to this thread. I bet anyone reading it thinks we are two babbling goofs

Banned
    Whatever

Tuner in Training
    LOL I don't have an answer for you because I don't use HPT much for cummins but this is what faults through cummins are vs hpt. The faults in the cummins table are NOT generic P fault codes. They are cummins specific. Now we can go way further with all of this but its pointless. We don't have an answer for what they mean but it would be nice to know.

dodgedtc.jpgcumminsfaults.jpg

Banned
    Yes Cummins handles fault codes differently. Many are tied to generic P-Codes but TONS are not.