Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fault Class

Banned
    Each Cummins fault code is set to either set to not set a warning light or set a yellow or red warning light, MIL light or maintenance warning then each one is set to take one of the following actions, do nothing, set a warning condition, shutdown condition, MIL condition or maintenance condition. All the actionable conditions further have parameters as to conditions to be met to cause shutdowns, etc.

HPT shows the same fault codes (1-8) for Ford diesels, too, came to this thread to find out what they mean, looks like we are doing great here.

Tuner in Training
    When I get some spare time I'll dig into for you guys. Shouldn't take much to find out what each one does.

Advanced Tuner
    Yep, found the same list for Fords. No one seems to know what they mean, not even HPT support. They suggested I contact a dealer.

Tuner in Training MaroonMonsterLS1's Avatar
    jb that first screen shot is exactly what I meant. Thanks for sharing that.

Not sure why Jim is so upset, but thanks to everyone else for sharing the interest.

It's odd that it can be changed in HPT but even HPT doesn't know what the heck they do

Banned
    Dunno how HPT cannot know what they put in their software. They are the ones that designed their software are they not? One would think since they put it there they would know, doesn?t place much faith in them if they can?t tell you what?s in their software. Between EFI Live, Smarty UDC Pro/Warp and HPT, HPT is the only one that has 8 different choices to choose from for each P code. Smarty UDC Pro/Warp and EFI Live have on or off for each P code. Inside the Cummins world each fault code doesn?t have 8 options to choose from, I have scoured the fault parameters and could not find anything. Just tables to place fault codes in to block them and prevent the CEL from coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Dunno how HPT cannot know what they put in their software. They are the ones that designed their software are they not? One would think since they put it there they would know, doesn?t place much faith in them if they can?t tell you what?s in their software. Between EFI Live, Smarty UDC Pro/Warp and HPT, HPT is the only one that has 8 different choices to choose from for each P code. Smarty UDC Pro/Warp and EFI Live have on or off for each P code. Inside the Cummins world each fault code doesn?t have 8 options to choose from, I have scoured the fault parameters and could not find anything. Just tables to place fault codes in to block them and prevent the CEL from coming on.
    Yeah i don't understand how they don't know what they are putting in their own software... Or how they even come up with half the things they do. The ford ecu's for 17+ trucks are missing a few things. It's also setup poorly IMO, it's difficult trying to understand the high med and low elevation maps and how they all correlate to temp. EZ Lynk has it laid out better but their smoothing and non existent interpolation sucks compared to HP. I learned a-lot on my truck just by going over to the GM side and seeing how HP lays out those trucks. There is more time put into the GM ECU stuff or maybe they just understand GM ECU's better after working on them all these years.

Tuner in Training
    Alright guys I spent a few minutes on this and realized the picture I showed with the fault block table is from a CM2350B and not a CM848/CM2100 like we are working with which means there is no block table in this ecm. This one uses individual fault data tables like the picture I attached. I have started going through them and made some progress but I want to test my results on my service truck so until I do that I wont be sharing them. It won't be soon because I am away for a bit.

Line 0 and 1 reference the fault code. This example would be 008F which makes it cummins fault code 143.
    Lines 2-5(highlighted) are the action taken. After going through every fault there is 7 different actions. Disabled faults have line 0 and 1 zeroed.

faultdata.jpg

Banned
    I?ve been staring at cm2200 and cm2350 lol

Tuner in Training
    Oh gotcha. Yes the CM2200 changed to having block tables. I won't be using HPT on anything newer.... too easy to hook up under the hood and have unrestricted access. HPT supports CM2350??? that would be 13+ ecms.

Banned
    No hpt doesn?t support cm2350