Thread: Boost timing tuning method correct ?

Boost timing tuning method correct ?

Hello,
    I?m logging g/cyl vs rpm and using that data compared with boost to determine timing at a given boost level.

Ex. In my data log I see 2psi at .60g/cyl . I then go to the high octane fuel table and and adjust the row for desired timing at 2psi .

Is this a decent method ? I?m sure it?s far from perfect but I?m trying to creep up on my base tune I made .

Tuner
    Yeah thats about right i usually copy the high octane the same as low octane

I wouldn't suggest that though, if the engine were to knock it wouldn't have a lower value of timing to revert too and it makes the knock learn factor pointless.

Keep doing what you're doing to slowly dial in the timing curve to how you want it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I wouldn't suggest that though, if the engine were to knock it wouldn't have a lower value of timing to revert too and it makes the knock learn factor pointless.

Keep doing what you're doing to slowly dial in the timing curve to how you want it.
    Thanks for all the help!!!!!! I?m surprised I got this method right haha