Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H/C/I LS1 bank to bank st trims wildly different

Tuner in Training

H/C/I LS1 bank to bank st trims wildly different

New O2 sensors on this setup, I do not know prior how it was running on the old tune, but after changing from a full exhaust to basically 30" resonated dump pipes off each header there seems to be a major issue here.

I don't know if it's related to the exhaust or something else, but cylinder bank 2 4 6 8 seems to sound great at idle and 1 3 5 7 doesn't sound so hot.

Anyways while it open loop it seems to idle ok, but as soon as closed loop comes in 1 3 5 7 bank will slowly advance to -40 trims while 2 4 6 8 bank will slowly go up to +20 trims.

LT trims are disabled.

Checked all grounds for solid contact (haven't' checked for any breaks in any ground) coils are good, plugs have been changed (1,3,5,7 bank were fouled, 2,4,6,8 look fine)

We have a wideband on the drivers bank and it's idling supposedly at right around 14:1 afr. We dialed in idle airflow idle spark and VE table at idle in open loop with adaptive disabled.

All i can think is that the passenger bank is correct and it's actually lean and needs fuel, but something is up with injectors or something causing it to run rich on drivers bank and as it continues to try to pull fuel out of it it doesn't' matter because something is up on that side.

What is you guys take on it?

setup is Trickflow heads, 236/242 .615/.615 111 LSA cam, 1 7/8 ltubes, fast 102 intake on an 01 LS1

And yes, this cam outrevs the motor, it makes peak power past a safe rpm for the bottom end lol.
    Last edited by w00t692; 01-11-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone? O2 harness plugged in in reverse? Injector issues on one bank? something? i'm out of ideas here lol.

Senior Tuner
    Unplug B1 O2 and see if scanner shows 450mv for B1.

Tuner in Training
    If it does what does this mean? If it doesn't what does this mean? ECU?

Senior Tuner
    Checks that the B1 and B2 are not crossed. Scanner will show the correct or incorrect side unplugged. Unplugged will read 450mv.

Tuner in Training
    I checked the plugs they're not crossed. Compression is solid. I'm so confused guys lol.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by w00t692 View Post
    If it does what does this mean? If it doesn't what does this mean? ECU?
    This kind of says you really don't understand what you are doing. But don't do what I suggested.

Tuner in Training
    I know the ecu puts out 450mv and the O2's push it up or down as they adjust. I'm saying. Battery ground or bad ecu? This has been a long time. I have literally done what you suggested already I'm not ignoring what you said. They read 438 to 450 while running unplugged.

Advanced Tuner
    Post a tune, logs, graphs, channels, etc. Do you have any DTC's? Do you have misfires? Misfires cause ECM to add fuel b/c o2's read extra oxygen from unburnt fuel. O2's read oxygen, not fuel. What is fuel pressure? Does it bleed down? Can you run an injector balance test (unplug individual injectors and look at rpm drop - if you don't have a scanner)? Unplug each coil and look at RPM drop. Intake leak on one bank? What's injector pulse width on each bank? O2's wired wrong at ECM/swapped o2 banks - like 2xLS1's test above would determine.
    Last edited by DGS; 01-11-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by w00t692 View Post
    I know the ecu puts out 450mv and the O2's push it up or down as they adjust. I'm saying. Battery ground or bad ecu? This has been a long time. I have literally done what you suggested already I'm not ignoring what you said. They read 438 to 450 while running unplugged.
    They? Did I say unplug both of them? Carry on with your troubleshooting.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    They? Did I say unplug both of them? Carry on with your troubleshooting.
    Sorry i meant from a log i had from a few days ago where i unplugged both. I did unplug bank1 and bank1 read 450ish mv. It's not swapped. I also confirmed via a wiring diagram that the harness wires down below are correct on each side.

I verified the MAF was failed over correctly, (engine diag, maf set to 1hz) and it's setting MAF codes.

here's a couple of logs from it. If i'm not logging something you need to see by all means let me know. I don't tune these professionally or anything, just ford torque command ecu's on coyotes and ecoboosts (on hp tuners) so i'm not competent on what i need to look for on these.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Any ideas guys? MAP sensor is fine O2's aren't crossed. Every fucking goddamn critical sensor has good ground and every ground is golden. Plug wires are new. Eventually it goes full rich on the wideband and we cut it off.

Tuner
    Post the tune file, you might get more help if you show the big picture.

Tuner in Training
    Ok here it is. Lemme know guys. I really do hope it's just something stupid cuz if it isn't i don't even know what else to try really. I'm deferring to some of you guru's here lol.

Oh and ignore the disabled closed loop. I was just trying to get it to run to check shit.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by w00t692; 01-13-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Tuner
    Have you reset the fuel trims in the scanner before logging with the new o2's?

Tuner in Training
    we reset the ecu by touching the terminals and shit. It still fucks up.

Tuner
    Also, your map is reading real high at idle, that will cause fueling issues.

Tuner in Training
    I mean what kind of vaccum should i see with this cam? we tested the map sensor.

Tuner
    I'm gonna guess that cam has maybe 15 degrees of overlap? Just guessing 10 to 12 inhg-manifold vac, 40 to 43 kpa map at idle, 100 kpa at 925 rpms is way high. What is your elevation there?
    Last edited by MarcusMilner; 01-13-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Is there a formula for overlap? Whatever i found says it's 8.5 degrees of overlap.

said int dur + exh dur divided by 4 and minus the LSA